Our Risk of Rain 2 Lunar Coins Farming Guide will walk you through the best ways to gather up these coins in the game! If you don't have the time to grind, then we've also got a way you can easily cheat them into the game with a simple file edit.
What's the deal with Lunar Coins? Well, unlike gold these will persist throughout your runs and they can be used to open Lunar Pods, gain access to The Bazaar Between Time by using them on a Newt Altar, and even unlock the Artificer character!
There's two real ways to farm Lunar Coins, and one of them is just completely RNG based. The other one, is a bit more reliable and probably your best option as of now for collecting these coins outside of cheating.
Check out our fully searchable & sortable item list right here!
Play the Game, Kill Enemies
This one is pretty simple, you just need to play the game a lot and farm down enemies. There's a small chance of a Lunar Coin drop on every enemy you kill, so you just need to play a lot and destroy enemies left and right. This would probably be best on easy difficulty, so you can slay away everything relatively easily and burn through the levels.
Complete A Moment, Fractured Repeatedly
This is the real way to farm up Lunar Coins more reliably. You will need to head to this hidden area called "A Moment, Fractured." It's a portal you can open up after you loop through the stages at least once. On the third stage of this loop, you will want to hit the teleporter event, beat the boss, and charge up the teleporter. Once you've done that, a bright blue portal will open up for you which you can enter.
Once you've entered the "Hidden Realm: A Moment, Fractured" you will make your way down the jump puzzle by following the spawning platforms downwards (if you fall you only lose some health and respawn at the beginning). Once you've reached the end, you will come to an Obelisk. Sacrifice yourself to the Obelisk, and you will end your run (you also earn yourself Mercenary class for doing this if you haven't already!). Sacrificing yourself to the Obelisk will give you 5 Lunar Coins, which you can repeat over and over as many times as you want. So, if you really want to farm them, then this is the best method currently. You will also grab some coins by just going through the levels many times!
More Great Risk of Rain Content
Lunar Coins Cheat
If you want to forego hoping for RNG rolls, then you can go ahead and cheat your way to mountains of coins! This isn't too difficult, it just requires a small file change. Here's a list of instructions to get all the Lunar Coins you could ever want:
- Go to your Steam Folder and open it (Usually located in C: > Program Files (x86), you might've changed this!)
- Open the Userdata Folder
- Sort this folder by Date Modified and open the top folder (I only have one folder here, you might have more)
- Locate and open the 632360 Folder
- Open the Remote Folder
- Open the UserProfiles Folder
- Right click on the XML Document in this Folder (it will be a long series of characters) and click Edit
- In this file find the "<coin></coin>" area (it's pretty early in the document). There will be a number in-between those tags, change it to whatever you want your Lunar Coin total to be!
- Save the file, and once you enter the game your coin total will be whatever the number you added to the file.