The Infernal Hammer update has arrived in Islands, and it's brought with it—you guessed it—the Infernal Hammer weapon. For a brief guide on how to obtain this fiery mallet, and a look at what else has changed with this update, continue reading below.
Obtaining the Infernal Hammer
Like many other Islands items, the Infernal Hammer can be crafted at an anvil with a short list of ingredients. These ingredients, found below, vary in difficulty to obtain but can all be collected for free.
- 1 Infernal Flame
- 200 Magma Blocks
- 5 Gilded Steel Rods
- 50 Steel Plates
How to get Infernal Flame
Unfortunately, the Infernal Flame doesn't offer a guaranteed drop. To try your luck at obtaining this item, you'll need to summon and fight the Infernal Dragon in the Underworld. Each time that you defeat this boss, you will receive a Dragon Egg that you can place and open on your island; there's a small chance that one of these eggs will contain an Infernal Flame.
In order to enter the Underworld and summon the Infernal Dragon, you'll need access to a Mysterious Portal that can only be crafted by combining the four Mysterious Fragments. Each of these fragments has a chance of spawning after you've defeated its corresponding boss. These fragments, and how to get them, are listed below.
- Mysterious Fragment #1 — Dropped by Slime King (10% chance)
- Mysterious Fragment #2 — Dropped by Kor (5% chance)
- Mysterious Fragment #3 — Dropped by Wizard Boss (5% chance)
- Mysterious Fragment #4 — Dropped by Bhaa (5% chance)
For those who would rather bypass the collecting and crafting, you're in luck, as accessing the Underworld doesn't have to be done from your own island. If you have a friend who owns a Mysterious Portal, you can travel to their island and use theirs just the same. Or, you may even find that someone in your server has opened up their island for public visitors and offers a Mysterious Portal for players to use as they please.
Keep in mind, also, that you'll need to have your combat skill leveled to at least 55 in order to use the portal.
How to get Magma Blocks
Once in the Underworld, you can collect Magma Blocks fairly easily, though it'll likely take a bit of time to stack up 200. Spread throughout the Underworld are various enemies; each time that you take down one of these enemies, there's a chance that you will be awarded with one or two Magma Blocks. Because of this low reward, you may need to take down around 100 enemies before collecting the required 200 blocks.
How to get Gilded Steel Rods
Gilded Steel Rods can be made at an anvil by combining the ingredients below.
How to get Steel Plates
Steel Plates can be made by pressing 50 Steel Ingots into the Plate Factory Mold using the Steel Press. To make the Plate Factory Mold you'll need an anvil and 5,000 Steel Ingots.
Infernal Hammer Update Patch Note Summary
The list below summarizes the entirety of the Infernal Hammer update log that was posted in the official Islands Discord:
- Infernal Hammer weapon added
- Tomatoes lost value (15 to 9)
- Rice gained value (24 to 30)
- Overpopulation of fish disappeared
- Fixed Hub Islands' treasure maps
- Fixed tool stand bug
- Horse shield furniture can be placed on walls
- Crank no longer falls off of the Industrial Polishing Station
- Fixed player camera bug with vending machines
- Fish tanks can be stacked
- Fixed collision box bug with Medium Industrial Chest and Merger Conveyor
- Fixed missing normal chandelier
- Fixed unplaced Personal Orb bug
- Added the ability to teleport to bosses from player islands
- Boss Orbs display boss names in teleporter
- Fixed directional teleportation glitch