Team Rudimentary announced a planned Bad Business port to the Xbox version of Roblox. The Xbox port will launch with Update 2.14, the first of three major updates that Team Rudimentary detailed in the 2021 Bad Business Roadmap. A new Ranked form play in Bad Business, along with a brand new Team Rudimentary game, are also planned for the future.
The Bad Business developers released the 2021 Roadmap, which thanked fans for a successful 2020 and detailed this year's plans. The next three major updates—2.14, 3.0, and 4.0—were revealed, detailing new additions and improvements to the game. The Xbox port is just the first of many new additions to Bad Business in 2021.
Each update appears to include minor improvements with at least one major addition: the Xbox port (2.14), New hardpoint, domination, and FFA game modes (3.0), and Ranked play in pro-servers (4.0). Needless to say, there's plenty of content to be excited about.
The three updates are as follows:
- Continue releasing weapon revamps and new level-based weapons
- Revamp the game mode system on the backend and introduce necessary polish to existing game modes
- New prestige cosmetics
- Port to Xbox
- A new set of gamepasses that follow up on our previously themed weapon passes (WW2, Prototype, Wild West)
- New game modes including some highly requested ones such as hardpoint, domination, and FFA
- Introduction of pro-servers, which will act as a ranked form of play for the sweatiest of Bad Business players (Requires Prestige 1+)
- Better VIP server support
- Special set of maps and modes specifically catered towards VIP servers (2v2 modes, Search and Destroy, etc)
In the 2021 Roadmap, Team Rudimentary also announced that they are developing their first new game since 2019. This is all the information we know about the new game at the moment.
Team Rudimentary stepped away from last year's quarterly content rollout, choosing instead to announce the roadmap through the first three updates. They stated that the old way would eventually become outdated due to "updates that were frequently met with delays."
Regardless, it's nice to know the new future of Bad Business so early into the new year.