Changing the difficulty settings in this day and age of gaming is a blessing. It allows those who simply want to enjoy the story the chance to do so while catering to those who love a challenge. If the prebuilt difficulty settings in Saints Row aren't to your liking, you can customize individual options to your liking. Here's how.
How to create a custom Challenge Type in Saints Row (2022)
Creating a custom difficulty can be performed from the main menu. This will allow players to fine-tune the various difficulty settings of Saints Row to their liking. Not a fan of timed objectives, but love taking on tougher enemies? Go for it! Hate vehicle combat, but love scrounging for ammo? You do you, boo boo.
- Select Options
- Select Gameplay
- Select Challenge Options
Related: All Saints Row 2022 Trophies
Challenge Type Options
- Danger Level: Raising this damage setting makes you take more damage from enemies and all other sources.
- Enemy Durability: The higher this setting, the less damage your attacks inflict on all enemies.
- Tough Enemy Frequency: The higher this setting, the more you encounter 'Tough' enemies resistant to finishers.
- Vehicle Combat Difficulty: The higher this setting, the less healthy your vehicle has compared to enemy vehicles in vehicle-to-vehicle combat.
- Notoriety Difficulty: Raising this setting makes more enemies arrive during notoriety, making their call-ins harder to interrupt.
- Ammo Scarcity: The higher this setting, the less ammo you will receive from ammo pickups.
- Timed Objective Difficulty: The higher this setting, the less time you will be given to complete timed objectives.
For more Saints Row goodies, check out Best Saints Row Game – All Saints Row Games, Ranked on Pro Game Guides.