The Sims is a great opportunity for escapism. Whether cheating your way to fortune or ensuring that your Sim can live to see another day, cheats and the Sims go hand in hand. Here's every cheat code available in the Sims 2 base game and what it will do.
Sims 2 Cheats
Almost every cheat listed below requires boolProp testingcheatsenabled true to be active. For any cheat below that uses  in the title, omit these markings in your gameplay. As an example, intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number] would become intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 11.
- boolProp testingcheatsenabled true/false – unlocks more cheat options. Setting this cheat to true while in the Neighborhood View will allow need, skill, relationship, and personality bars to be manually adjusted. When enabled, right-click on your Sim, the mailbox, or other objects for more cheating opportunities.
- kaching – adds 1,000 Simoleons to your account.
- motherlode – adds 50,000 Simoleons to your account.
- familyFunds [last name] +/- [number] – changes the account funds of a specific household.
- aging -on/off – halts the aging of any Sims that live on the lot and pauses pregnancies.
- intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number] – allows you to invite more Sims to a party (will increase lag).
- AspirationLevel [0-5] – changes the aspiration level for a Sim, where zero is nothing and five is platinum.
Related: Sims 4 Cheats to Unlock all Items
- moveObjects on/off – remove limitations on object placements, allowing you to place or delete items in locations that would normally be off-limits. Deleting objects include Sims, the mailbox, and the garbage can. While the sim will re-appear once the lot is reloaded, deleting the mailbox and the garbage can is permanent.
- boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true/false – prevents objects from automatically snapping to grid specifications, which makes fine-tuning object placements easier. It will be extremely frustrating to place doors and windows, so we recommend turning this cheat off for that part of your build.
- boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true/false – lets you turn objects 45 degrees instead of just 90 degrees. < and > are used for diagonal rotation.
- boolProp lotTerrainPaints true/false – setting to false will hide any terrain paints on the ground but will not remove them.
- boolProp lotWater true/false – setting to false will remove any non-swimming pool water on the lot.
- boolProp lockTiles true/false – setting to false allows modification of the sidewalk and road. Also lets you place floor tiles on the very edges of the lot, past the sidewalk.
- boolProp constrainFloorElevation true/false – setting to false lets you change the elevations of any tiles constrained by floors, walls, and foundations.
- slowMotion [0-8] – changes the speed of action, where zero is the default speed, and eight is the slowest.
- boolProp objectShadows true/false – turns outdoor object shadows on and off.
- boolProp guob true/false – turns indoor object shadows on and off.
- boolProp simShadows true/false – turns Sim shadows on and off.
- floatprop particleDensity [0-10] – changes the sheerness of transparent objects like stink clouds from trash. Zero is no transparency, one is the default, and there is no discernible difference past 10.
- boolProp enablePostProcessing true/false – allows you to use post-processing cheats (every storytelling cheat listed after this one), which are helpful for filmmaking. Using the post-processing cheat during cinematic cut scenes may cause glitches.
- bloom [r b g x] [0.0-1.0] – adds a blur effect. RBG is color, and x is the amount of bloom.
- vignette [centerX centerY X] [0.0-1.0] – adds a blur effect from a specified center point.
- filmGrain [val] [0.0-1.0] – adds graininess to the screen.
- letterBox [val] [0.0-0.4] – adds a letterbox to the view.
- boolProp lotTerrainLighting true/false – changes if lots light up when you move the cursor over them.
- boolProp displayNeighborhoodRoadsWithModel true/false – turns bridge displays on or off.
- boolProp displayLotImposters true/false – turns building displays on or off.
- boolProp displayNeighborhoodWater true/false – turns neighborhood water displays on or off.
- boolProp displayNeighborhoodFlora true/false – turns neighborhood trees and plant displays on or off.
- boolProp displayNeighborhoodRoads true/false – turns neighborhood road displays on or off.
- boolProp displayNeighborhoodProps true/false – turns neighborhood decoration displays on or off.
- boolProp nhoodWaterReflection true/false – turns neighborhood water reflections on or off.
- boolProp CameraDriftCamEnabled true/false – alters camera drift when idle in the neighborhood view.
- boolProp carsCompact true/false – alters the amount of car detail in neighborhood view.
- boolProp carsOnRight true/false – setting to false will make the cars drive on the left in the neighborhood view. When on a lot, cars will continue to drive on the right.
- boolProp ShowLotPackageFileName true/false – setting to true will show a lot's filename when you move the cursor over it.
- deleteAllCharacters true/false – deletes every sim in the neighborhood as well as NPCs and townies. Will cause neighborhood corruption.
- help – lists some cheats.
- help [cheatname] – displays information about a specific cheat.
- exit (or Esc key) – closes the cheat console.
- expand – grows or shrinks the size of the cheat console display.
- clear – wipes the cheat console without disabling previously enabled cheats.
- boolProp renderSelectedSimLevel true/false – set to true will prevent walls from cutting away from a selected sim in Walls Cutaway mode.
- boolProp renderInsideObjectOnlyOnSelectedSimLevel true/false – if set to true, only objects on the same floor as the selected Sim will be displayed. It can improve game performance.
- boolProp displayPaths true/false – turns the display of movement paths on or off.
- boolProp displayLookAtBoxes true/false – if set to true, boxes will show up on your Sim's face and where they are looking.
- boolProp allObjectLightsOn true/false – if set to true, all objects will continuously be lit up.
- vsync on/off – turning off will improve game performance but can cause glitches.
- boolProp useShades true/false – turns graphical shaders on and off.
- boolProp bumpMapping true/false – turns bump maps on and off.
- boolProp reflectionWithExtraViewer true/false – turns mirror reflections on and off.
- faceBlendLimits on/off – turning this cheat off will remove corrections on children whose parents have different face structures.