Sims 3 might be an older game, but it is still loved by many veteran fans of the Sims franchise. Many of us prefer this game to the newer Sims 4 because of the drastic change in some of the game's mechanics. Not to worry! Pro Game Guides knows how valuable these older versions can be, and we've got the cheat codes you're looking for.
All Sims 3 Cheat Codes
Cheat codes for Sims 3 are generally used to skip ahead from the early grind while building your Sim's reputation. However, there are many other uses that toggle the ability to use hidden or unnecessary game mechanics. You can also force specific events to happen to your Sim if you're bored and looking for a challenge. Listed below, in alphabetical order, is the entire Sims 3 cheat list.
Note: To activate these cheats, you must first enter the command window by clicking Ctrl + Shift + C.
- add to household - Adds the active Sim to the current household.
- ageuptonpc on - Ages up the active Sim into a non-controllable NPC who lives in your household.
- buydebug - Allows you to buy anything, including locked objects.
- constrainfloorelevation [true|false] - Forces terrain adjustments regardless entities in the way.
- disablesnappingtoslotsonalt [on|off] - Toggles objects snapping to slots while holding Alt.
- edit in cas - Takes the active Sim to the Create-A-Sim menu.
- enablellamas [on|off] - Toggles Llama messages.
- fadeobjects [on|off] - Toggles fading when the Camera gets close to objects.
- familyfunds [sims last name] [money wanted] - Changes the funds for the family to the set amount.
- force all events - Forces all events after clicking the career building you work at.
- force event - Forces an event after clickign the career building you work at.
- force opportunity - Forces a work opportunity after clicking the career building you work at.
- force service sim [name] - Forces the selected service Sim to appear.
- force visitor - Forces a neighbor to appear.
- forcetwins - After clicking on a pregnant Sim, forces the Sim to carry twins.
- fps [on|off] - Toggles the framerate display on the screen.
- freerealestate - Allows you to ignore the cost when purchasing a lot.
- fullscreen [on|off] - Toggles full screen.
- help - Displays a list of cheats.
- help [cheat name] - Display specific information about the selected cheat.
- hideheadlineeffects [on|off] - Toggles talk and thought balloons above the Sims' heads.
- jokeplease - Prints a random joke to the console.
- kaching - Gives you 1,000 Simoleons.
- make friends for me - Make the active Sim gain several random friends.
- make happy - Sets all mood/moodlets for everyone in the house to perfect.
- make me know everyone - Makes the active Sim know every other Sim.
- make motives [static|dynamic] - Set motives static or dynamic for entire household
- modify traits - Allows you to set or clear traits.
- motherlode - Gives you 50,000 Simoleons.
- moveobjects [on|off] - Toggles limitations for moving objects.
- resetsim [first name] [last name] - Returns the active Sim to a safe and neutral state.
- set age [number] - Sets the age of the active Sim.
- set career [career] [level] - Gives the active Sim the selected career and level.
- slowmotionviz: [0-8] - Adjusts the speed of the visuals, 0 being normal and 8 being the slowest.
- snapobjectstogrid [true|false] - Toggles objects snapping to the grid.
- snapobjectstoangle [true|false] - Toggles objects snapping to a 45 degree angle.
- shazaam - Gives the active Sim 2,500 Lifetime Happiness points.
- testingcheatsenabled true - Enables the option to Shift-Click elements and objects to manipulate their properties.
- quit - Quits the game.
- unlockoutfits [on|off] - View all career outfits and service uniforms. Must be enabled before entering Create-A-Sim.
If you're done with Sims 3, why not check our guides for Sims 4? Need a muse? Use this guide to learn how to Write a Song!