Mods are a huge part of The Sims experience for many players, with WickedWhims being one of the most popular. But while the clever introduction of Sim chemistry added a level of realism that fans loved, some balked at the explicit sexual content that came with it. This is where WonderfulWhims comes in. So, what does WonderfulWhims do in Sims 4, exactly?
Sims 4 WonderfulWhims mod features
WonderfulWhims seeks to find a middle ground between the concept of chemistry introduced with WickedWhims, while toning down the explicit nature of the content. But it keeps things real, concentrating on attractiveness, relationships, impressions, the menstrual cycle, and birth control. All features can be disabled or tweaked. Below are some of the highlights.
Attractiveness and impressions
- Attractiveness: You can refine your style preferences, which will affect other Sims. Storytelling situations may affect your heart rate, while you can learn what others are into before trying to impress them.
- Impressions and Personalities: Learn Sims personality archetypes and share your view on the world using special social interactions.
Pregnancy and birth control
- Menstrual Cycle: Includes hormonal effects, periods, and variable fertility. Buy tampons and pads and a Fertility Awareness Test you can use at toilets.
- Birth control: Avoid pregnancy via condoms and birth control pills, which are compatible with Lumpinou’s WooHoo Wellness and Pregnancy Overhaul mod.
- Pregnancy: Use the Fertility Treatment service to improve your chances, while Pregnancy Additions allow you to modify pregnancy duration and your water breaking. Via the Pregnancy Scientific Donation, you can instead donate an unborn baby to science.
- Crabs STD: WooHoo, or an infested bed, can infect your Sims with crabs. Multiple moodlet stages will take you through the healing process.
- Multiple relationships: Have multiple romantic non-committed and committed partners and disable jealousy with Wonderful Attribute, Polyamorous. You can also ask multiple Sims at once to stay the night.
Other WonderfulWhims features include Sweating (while doing strenuous activities). Persistent Boredom (if discussing repeated topics), and traits such as Socially Avoidant, post-Puberty, and Hypofertile. It also supports the Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod.
How to install WonderfulWhims mod for Sims 4
Installing the WonderfulWhims mod is relatively straightforward. First, head to the official WonderfulWhims website and download the Zip file. Once downloaded, follow these instructions:
- Open the downloaded Zip file.
- Locate your Sims 4 folder and find the Mods folder (it should be \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods). If you can’t find the Mods folder, be sure you have turned the game on and off at least once.
- Move the files by dragging the WonderfulWhimsMod folder directly from the Zip archive to the Mods folder. The Mods folder should already contain the file Resource.cfg. If it doesn’t, turn the game on and off at least once.
- Turn the game on, go to Game Options in the menu, and open the Others settings menu. Turn on Enable Custom Content and Mods and Script Mods Allowed by clicking the checkboxes.
- Turn the game off to enable the new settings. When you turn the game back on again, you can access WonderfulWhims.