Sons of the Forest is a survival horror game with a strong emphasis on crafting and building. It leaves you to fend for yourself in the wilderness to fend for yourself as best as possible against mutants and bloodthirsty cannibals. Amidst such a hostile environment, you must use all the resources, and one of them is electricity. Here's how to install Solar Panels and Light Bulbs in Sons of the Forest in our SotF Electricity Guide.
Sons of the Forest Basic Electricity Guide for using Solar Panels and Light Bulbs
Sons of the Forest introduces the ability to use basic electricity by harnessing power from Solar Panels to produce electrical current, which you can use to power Light Bulbs, illuminating your base. There are three components that you will need to make a basic electrical circuit in the game, and those are:
- Solar Panels - you can obtain them from the loot boxes with yellow lids. They tend to spawn near 3d printers, so be on the lookout when you are near their locations.
- Light Bulbs - They usually spawn in yellow-lidded boxes, like Solar Panels.
- Wires - you will encounter Wires throughout the game since it's a fairly abundant resource.
Related: How to fix fire keeps going out in Sons of the Forest
Once you obtain all the necessary components, you can begin setting up your solar power-sourcing rig. You can make it as complex as you want to, but in its essence, the construction should look like this:
- Make a frame out of logs.
- Make a ramp by placing planks on the frame.
- Place the Solar Panel on the ramp.
- Select the Wire and run it along the length of logs to where you want a Light Bulb to be.
- Lastly, place the Light Bulb hanging from the Wire.
You can use this technique to chain as many light bulbs as you can find because, currently, there is no cap on how many Light bulbs you can run from a single solar panel. You will essentially be limited only by the resources you have available.
Are you looking for more guides to surviving hordes of mutants and cannibal onslaughts in Sons of the Forest? We have you covered; check out How to get Night Vision Goggles in Sons of the Forest and E.U.C.' Knight V' in Sons of the Forest here on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
How to install Solar Panels & Light Bulbs in Sons of the Forest – SotF Electricity Guide