Splatoon 3 offers many ways to engage in ink-based warfare. You can choose from a variety of weapon types, but the Splatana offers the versatility that few weapons do. Excelling at close range but still functioning well at long range, the Splatana is a great weapon choice. Below you can find a list of strengths and weaknesses as well as different Splatana-type weapons.
Splatoon 3 Splatana Strengths
The Splatana is primarily an up-close weapon, but its charged shot can reach quite far, as well as allowing your Inkling or Octoling to dash forward. It is also a great weapon to cover turf with ink, meaning it functions well in and out of combat. They also have excellent handling, which is helpful when you need to splat a mobile opponent.
- Mix of close range and long range.
- Great handling and accuracy.
- Dash lets you avoid getting inked.
Splatoon 3 Splatana Weaknesses
While the Splatana can fight at longer distances, it loses out to other weapons. Its charged shot takes a while to charge up, meaning you are left open and unable to attack. The same is also true when it comes to close-quarter weapons are there are some better options. Having the function of both leaves the Splatana needing an element of surprise in certain matchups.
- Not as good as short and long-range dedicated weapons.
- Sometimes need to get the drop on enemies.
- Has trouble inking turf vertically.
Splatoon 3 Splatana Type Weapons
- Splatana Wiper (Level 5)
- Torpedo: A sub weapon that flies toward your enemies. When thrown near an enemy, it changes shape and targets the foe, exploding on impact and splitting ink everywhere. You can shoot down enemy torpedoes.
- Ultra Stamp: Attack with an enormous hammer. Press and hold ZR to advance while striking with the hammer. If you press and release R, you'll throw the hammer far into the distance to attack and the special will end.
- Splatana Stamper (Level 15)
- Burst Bomb: A bomb that explodes when it touches something. It's a small, weak explosion, but it doesn't consume much ink, so you can throw one after another.
- Zipcaster: Transforms into an ink-cloaked acrobat, and sling your stretchy arm to zip around the battlefield! Use R to aim and stick to walls. YOu can still use your main weapon like normal with ZR. When your ink runs out, your transformation will end, and you'll Super Jump back to your starting location.