Strawberries are one of the best fruits currently in Stardew Valley; they are also a gift for one of the romanceable NPCs and can be turned into wine. That said, here's how to get strawberry seeds in Stardew Valley.
How to get strawberry seeds in Stardew Valley
To get strawberry seeds in Stardew Valley, you must wait until the Egg Festival that takes place on the 13th day of every spring in Pelican town square. At the festival, you will be able to buy the seeds for 100 gold per seed from Pierre, who will be at a booth close to the town's entrance; along with this, you can also buy various other egg festival-related items.
Once you get the strawberry seeds, you can then plant them, and they will take a total of eight days to mature and four days after your first harvest. We recommend buying a large number of strawberry seeds and saving them to plant on the next first day of spring; however, you can also plant them on the day you get them, but it will be tricky. This is because once you enter the town square, you won't be able to leave until the festival ends at 10 pm.
To get around this, you will need to plan ahead and till your soil and water it ahead of time; that way, you will be able to plant the seeds and fertilize them all in one day. You can also plant strawberry seeds after the festival, but your best bet is to go with either the 13th or 1st of spring.
Related: How to make wine in Stardew Valley
That said, once you plant the seeds and harvest some strawberries, you will then be able to do the following things with them. As a side note, harvesting strawberries will net you 18 XP to leveling your farming skill.
- Sell them at the shipping container: selling them will give you the following gold by rarity
- Base Price: 120 gold (132 gold with the Tiller Profession)
- Silver Price: 150 gold (165 gold with the Tiller Profession)
- Gold Price: 180 gold (198 gold with the Tiller Profession)
- Iridium Price: 240 gold (264 gold with the Tiller Profession)
- Make jam with them: You can also turn strawberries and any fruit into jam; doing so will allow you to sell the jelly for the following prices
- Base Price: 270 gold (407 gold with the Artisan Profession)
- Give them as a give to either Demetrius or Maru.
- Make wine with them: Making wine with strawberries is probably one of the best things you can do with them; it's also the most profitable, so here's what you can sell strawberry wine for by rarity.
- Base Price: 360 gold (503 gold with the Artisan Profession)
- Silver Price: 450 gold (630 gold with the Artisan Profession)
- Gold Price: 540 gold (756 gold with the Artisan Profession)
- Iridium Price: 720 gold (1007 gold with the Artisan Profession)