Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga is a strategic RPG similar to Nintendo's Fire Emblem series or Square Enix's Triangle Strategy. You must build and command your army in a fantastical quest through an extensive single-player. But this may leave you wondering if there is permadeath in Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga.
All difficulties in Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga explained
The answer is yes—there is permadeath in Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga. But this feature is only on the Warlord difficulty and not the others. Here are all the difficulty options in Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga.
- All player units take 50% less damage from all sources.
- Allows the player to enjoy the story without worrying about defeat.
- Enemies are well-balanced, and several key levels can be moderately challenging. No permadeath for fallen units.
- Has a good mix of story and challenge.
- Permadeath enabled, meaning units fallen in battle may not return.
- Only for experienced strategy RPG players.
Which difficulty should I choose?
We recommend choosing a difficulty based on your experience with strategy RPGs such as Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga. Even those who have never played should be fine on Captain difficulty, as it allows you to experience the story but still be moderately challenged. Alternatively, Cadet is a great way to learn the genre if you have never played one before.
Those who consider themselves pros in the genre and looking for a challenge should try Warlord. This difficulty will put your skills to the test and offer the hardest challenge in Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga. That being said, don't be afraid to turn the difficulty if you are struggling.
For more information on gaming, check out Final Chapter: Blessed Freedom Battle Guide – Triangle Strategy and All playable characters in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes on Pro Game Guides.