Our Teamfight Tactics Best Assassin Team Comp goes over the top build for this class in TFT! If you are looking to get the jump on your opponents, then Assassins are going to be the best way to do it.
Assassins in TFT are a bit of a different playstyle then you might be used to. Instead of your pretty standard tanks in front and dps in the back setup, the Assassins will jump at the backline of your opponent's board right when combat starts. If your opponent isn't prepared for this type of attack, then you can pretty easily wreak some havoc on their weaker damage dealers!
Best Assassin Team Comp Build
Carries ~ Kassadin > Pyke/Zed/Kha’Zix
- Kassadin ~ Yoomuu’s Ghostblade (Spatula) / Rapid Firecannon / Infinite Edge. Ghostblade is priority and after that Rapid Firecannon. The 3rd slot has some flexibility Infinite Edge being the best choice, outside of that you can provide your Kassadin with some survivability with Dragon’s Claw / Phantom Dancer / Warmog’s Armor / Guardian Angel. You can potentially run Bloodthrister if there’s not many healing reductions. Guinsoo’s Rageblade can also be used to replace Rapid Firecannon.
- Pyke ~ Frozen Hearts / Morellonomicon / Mana. Anything with mana can benefit Pyke, because he gets a stun giving your units sometime to attack freely.
- Zed ~ Zed gets any leftover items that didn’t fit well on Kassadin or Pyke. Any attack damage or attack speed items work well on him. You can also give him survivability items. If you are not close to a 3* Zed you can give these items to Kha’Zix.
- Kha’Zix ~ Ability power items that you did not put on Pyke go on him. He can benefit from them because his ability is a good source of damage, especially when isolated.
- Void ~ Kassadin / Rek’Sai / Cho'Gath / Kha’Zix.
- Assassin ~ Kha’Zix / Pyke / Zed / Rengar / Evelyn / Akali / Katarina
This is the strongest build i have ever experienced when it has come online fully! The downside is getting it online can be tricky and abit RNG-related.
The basic strategy of this build is to save gold until your about to hit L5 (around krugs), so L4 and 2xp short of leveling. Rolling on L4 gives you the best chance at getting T1 units so that is the goal! You want to 3* Kassadin / Kha’zix / Zed / Pyke (Kass/Kha focus) then go up to L7 for 6 Assassins. If you have trouble with 3* Zed you can use a 2* Akali in his place.
Early game 1-4
Try to get B.F. Sword or Spatula on the first carousel. Collect any Void unit you find along with Pyke & Zed. It's advisable to lose early on to enable you to get pick priority on the carousel so you can get a Spatula. To lose, put in weak units, but try not to lose too much health. Do not buy xp! Instead, just sit on your gold only buying the previously mentioned units.
Mid game 5-6
Keep collecting Kha’Zix/Kassadin/Zed/Pyke until you have 3* versions of them. At L4 when you are 2 xp away from L5 you will want to roll (around Krugs). If you are weak at Krugs (1 2* or less) you can roll some gold to hit 2 2* units. This should enable you to kill them (stack on the single krug). After this you want to roll all your gold away until you can 3* Kassadin and potentially 1-2 more of the other units. After you are comfortable with your 1 or more 3* units, save gold until you can level all the way to L7 and put in 6 Assassins.
Late game 7-9
Smooth sailing from here! Make sure to spread out for Hextech and place your non-Assassin unit in the middle. You can replace Rek’Sai if she is 2* with Cho’Gath to get some additional CC. Extreme L9 version of this comp or with 2 Ghostblade (Spatula) items you can run 4 Ninja’s (Zed/Akali/Kennen/Shen) + Void (Kha’Zix/Kassadin/Cho’Gath) + Assassin (Zed/Akali/Kassadin(Spatula)/Kennen(Spatula)/Pyke/Rengar or Evelynn) for the insane damage it can do!