Are you unsure how to cook in the Survivalists? If so, you should follow this guide, as surviving is the main element of the game! Being stuck on an island and failing to cook any tiny morsel, well, it's probably not going to end well for you! In order to fill your stomach to go on your island exploration adventures, eating is vital! Here's a guide on how to cook food with a few simple ingredients and some recipes, so you know what you need!
Campfire Cooking guide
The first thing you need to do on your island is to create a Campfire. To make one, you need to find 6 Pebbles and 1 Timber; however, another Timber is needed if your fire goes out. You do get 1 charcoal every time this happens, and it's needed for the Forge later on in the game, so it's not a bad thing!
Once a Campfire has been built and placed, ideally next to your bed, you can then start cooking! When the Campfire is lit, interact with it to open up the Recipe Menu. It'll only show some basic recipes, to begin with, but the more you cook the more you learn! After you've chosen the recipe, if you have all the required ingredients already then they'll get added all at once. The final step is to equip your Multitool and make your meal!
In your hotbar/inventory just hover over the meal you cooked and click on it, and the meal will be eaten!
Eating different foods gives various effects, so don't go cooking with the idea that everything will just satisfy your hunger. For example, drinking/eating a Fruit Smoothie or some Crispy Wings will restore a great deal of your health. Yet, other foods such as Meat Kebabs will satisfy your hunger instead. Learn to know what food is perfect for what situation!
Here are some recipes that will help you out. Remember these are learned by cooking what recipes are already available:
- Fruit Smoothie - Berries x2, Coconuts x2, and Palm Leaf x1
- Charred Fish - Fillet x1 and Palm Leaf x1
- Mango Curry - Makeshift Bowl x1, Coconut x2, and Fruit x3
- Crispy Wings - Bat Wing x4, and Palm Leaf x1
- Sizzling Steak - Steak x2, Berries x2, and Palm Leaf x1
- Sweet Fish - Fillet x2, Fruit x2, and Palm Leaf x1
- Stewed Berries - Petals x2, Berries x2, Makeshift Bowl x1
- Meat Kebab - Meat Scrap x2 or Meat Chunk x1
- Sweetened Meat - Meat Chunk x3, Berries x3, and Palm Leaf x1
- Fruity Kebab - Meat Chunk x1, Timber x1, and Fruit x2
- Monkey Meal - Petal x1, Berries x1, and a Makeshift Bowl
This last recipe is extremely special, as this food is used to recruit Monkeys to help you out with daily tasks. For more information, check out our Monkey guide for more information!
These are only the basic recipes you can cook using a Campfire. To create more interesting meals, then a Cooking Pot is needed!