Regiments of Renown are unique units in Warhammer Total War 2, with both unique lore backgrounds and abilities, but how does one exactly acquire these famed regiments?
How to recruit Regiments of Renown in Warhammer Total War 2
To get regiments of renown in Warhammer Total War 2, you must first level your lord to a particular character rank; at every rank all the way to rank 30, one regiment will unlock for you. At this point, you can then recruit the newly unlocked regiment of renown by pressing the button to do so next to recruit units. However, with some regiments, you will need to progress to a certain point in the vortex campaign to unlock them; other than that, in mortal empires, all you need to do is rank your lord to the required level.
Once pressed, you should see a small tab open above showing you a list of units similar to the normal unit tab; find the regiment of renown you want on this tab, and click it to acquire them. As a side note, you will also need to own a certain DLC of either the first or second game to access some regiments of renown; the following below is every DLC you will need.
- The Grim and the Grave (Empire and Vampire Counts)
- The Hunter and the Beast (Empire and Lizardmen)
- The King and the Warlord (Greenskins and Dwarfs)
- The Warden and the Paunch (Greenskins and High Elves)
- Twisted and the Twilight (Wood Elves and Skaven)
- The Prophet and the Warlock (Skaven and Lizardmen)
- Shadow and the Blade (Dark Elves and Skaven)
- The Queen and the Crone (High Elves and Dark Elves)
- Chaos Warriors Race Pack ( You will need this DLC to access the race, thus their base regiments of renown)
- Realm of the Wood Elves Pack (Required for their base regiments of renown)
- Rise of the Tomb Kings (Required for the base Tomb King regiments of renown)
- Norsica Race Pack (Required for the base Norsica regiments of renown)
- Bretonnia Race Pack ( Required for the base Bretonnian regiments of renown)
How to level your lord's rank in Warhammer Total War 2
In short, to level your lord's rank, you will need to beat battles and sieges, complete mission objectives, quests, and quest battles; killing enemies in combat will also add to leveling your legendary lord in Warhammer Total War 2. Along with this, you can also gain some decent XP from simply recruiting new units
For more on Total War Warhammer II we at PGG have you covered with guides like How to get Ariel and How to play Warhammer Total War 2 Campaign Co-Op. We also have some articles on the newly announced Total War Warhammer III.