Getting around the massive world of World of Warcraft takes some doing, even more so in the expansion of the Burning Crusade. But Blizzard gives players a helping hand with the addition of flying mounts.
To get a flying mount is straightforward. All you need is two requirements. The first is to reach level 70 and have the Gold needed to purchase the skill and the mount. Once you have the two, head to Shadowmoon Valley.
If playing as Horde, travel to Shadowmoon Village and seek out two Non-Playable Characters for the skill and the mount.
- Olrokk—Flying Skill—located near the wyvern stables
- Dama Wildmane—Flying Mount—located at these coordinates [29.2, 29.5]
If playing as Alliance, travel to Wildhammer Stronghold and seek out two NPC's for the skill and the mount.
- Ilsa Blusterbrew—Flying Skill—located near the gryphon stables
- Brunn Flamebeard—Flying Mount—located at these coordinates [37.6, 56.0]
There are two different rarities of flying mounts, Normal and Epic, and the difference between the two is akin to night and day. Normal allows you to fly at 60 percent movement speed, which is slower than a ground mount, but the Epic variant has a speed of 280 percent.
- Normal Flying Skill—800 Gold
- Normal Flying Mount—100 Gold
- Epic Flying Skill—5000 Gold
- Epic Flying Mount—1000 Gold
Flying mounts are expensive, but they allow you to travel off the beaten path of the straight line and explore every nook and cranny, searching for hidden areas and loot!