Disconnecting from any game is an annoying and often frustrating problem many players encounter. Among Us, players are no strangers to this problem, and it can often ruin one's enjoyment of the game. Luckily there are a few ways they can fix the disconnected from server errors in Among Us.
How to fix Disconnected From Server errors in Among Us
To fix the disconnected from server error, you must first check the Among Us servers' status before trying any troubleshoot fixes. You can check the status of the Among Us servers by visiting a website called Downdector. If the Downdector site displays that the Among us servers are experiencing errors, this is probably the reason you are disconnecting from the game.
In this case, the only thing you can do is simply wait until the developers resolve the errors. However, if Downdector is not displaying a message that the servers are down or experiencing any errors, try the following steps below to fix the disconnected from server error in Among Us.
- Change Servers: Go to the main menu of the game, and then select online. There should be a world or globe icon at the bottom right of your screen; click it, and a list of all available servers should pop up, find another server, and select it.
- Check for Updates: Among Us might disconnecting because your game version is an old one. That said, you can always check for updates for the game to see if this is the case. To do this on PC, all you need to do is launch steam and check downloads or verify the game's cache. If you are on a mobile device, you can determine if your game needs an update by visiting the app store or google play store and opening the update section.
- Restart Game: If changing servers didn't resolve your issue, you could always try relaunching the game by closing out of it and relaunching it.
- Restart System: If you are still experiencing problems, try restarting your device, either by powering down or clicking the restart button.
- Restart Router: Sometimes, restarting your router can resolve internet speed issues; locate your router, unplug the wires for about 10 seconds and plug them back in. If nothing changes, move on to the next fix.
- Check Internet Connection: You might be disconnecting due to some instability issues with your internet. To see if this is the case, check your Internet connection by visiting a speed test site like Fast.com. If the results come back stating that your connection is slow, you will have to contact your internet provider to figure out what the issue is.
Using the fixes laid out in this guide, you should be able to fix the disconnected from server errors in Among Us. For more on Among Us, We at PGG have you covered with tons of guides for the game. So come on down and visit our game page for Among Us.