If you ever wanted to reset your progress in Animal Crossing New Horizons, it's possible through a series of steps.
How to reset Animal Crossing: New Horizons Save Game
To restart your Animal Crossing New Horizons game, you will need to delete your saved data for the game. Keep in mind this will permanently delete your current character and island, so only go through the following steps if you really want to restart over.
Follow the steps below to reset your game and delete your saved data.
- Step One: Navigate to system settings on your Switch.
- You can do this by pressing the icon on the home menu next to power options.
- Step Two: After clicking the system settings icon, a menu you will appear with various options—you will want to click data management.
- Step Three: Under data management, you will need to click the option that says delete save data.
- After clicking this, search and locate your ACNH save file.
- Step Four: After finding the save file, you will then need to click an option that says delete all save data for this software. Press this option and then confirm it by selecting delete save data.
Once you have done this, you will have deleted your Animal Crossing New Horizons save game, and will be able to restart your game by creating a new character. Along with this, you will also get the chance to rename your island and pick a new layout.
However, if you don't want to delete your entire game world, you can simply delete your main character by going to the main menu in-game and hitting the Switch's minus button. This will open a save data menu where you should see an option to delete resident registration. After this, you will be able to start a new character without deleting your save game.