Aluminum in Astroneer is a unique resource players will need to craft a number of modules, so here is everything you need to know about getting it.
Where to get Aluminum in Astroneer
To get aluminum in Astroneer, you will first need to get laterite and put it inside a smelting furnace. You can get the laterite underground from red and blueish deposits underground that look crystalline and have a cylinder gear-like shape. Alternatively, you can also trade scrap for the material via a trade platform you can build with the following resources via a medium printer.
- One Tungsten
- One Iron
- One Compound
But to get aluminum, you will need to build a smelting furnace with two resin and one compound via the medium printer by inserting the materials inside it. Once you got the smelting furnace, place it on the ground and insert the laterite inside it via attached storage containers.
When the furnace finishes cooking, you will get aluminum, which you can later use to craft the following items - you can also use that furnace for smelting various other items if you didn't know already.
- Aluminum Alloy - Requires a Chemistry Lab to make.
- Landing Pad - Requires a Large Printer to make.
- Small Shuttle - Requires a Large Printer to make.
- Oxygenerator - Requires a Small Printer to make.
- Medium Generator - Requires a Small Printer to make.
- Auto Arm - Requires a Small Printer to make.
- Solid-Fuel Thruster - Requires a Small Printer to make.
- Tractor - Requires a Small Printer to make.
- Trailer - Requires a Small Printer to make.
- Soil Centrifuge - Requires a Medium Printer to make.
- Buggy - Requires a Medium Printer to make.
For more on Astroneer, we at PGG have you covered with a ton of guides like Astroneer: How-to Salvage Debris and Astroneer: How-to Get Tungsten – Finding Wolframite!.