Our Borderlands 3 Launch Guide features a ton of information, including details on the Release Date, Features, and Gameplay Details! More and more information is being released, and we're gathering it up all in one convenient place for you.
Borderlands 3 is the upcoming sequel to the popular Borderlands series. This game combines multiple elements from many different genres, such as looters (Diablo-esque), first person shooters and has RPG elements with classes and skill trees. The game is quite well-known for the crazy amount of weapons you can find, and the insane things these weapons can do.
Borderlands 3 Release Date
Borderlands 3 will be releasing on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on September 13th, 2019!
Borderlands 3 PC Exclusivity
Borderlands 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for six months (April 2020). You will then be able to purchase the game freely through an alternative store like Steam.
New Borderlands 3 Gameplay Features
- Sliding - You can now run and slide by hitting your crouch button!
- You deal damage to enemies if you slide into them.
- Mantling - You can now vault up a wall if you can jump close to the edge.
- Alternate Fire Modes - Most weapons now come with different modes that can be set. These modes differ quite a bit, and will change how your weapon works.
- Melee Barrels - You can now melee strike a barrel to launch it forward. This can be used tactically to blow it up on your enemies!
- Degrading Cover - Some walls and cover area will degrade after it has been hit with bullets.
- Emotes - Show how you feel to your fellow players with different character animations!
- Interactable Environments - You can set fire to oil, or electrify water with your electric weaponry. Lots of different things you can do with this.
- NPC Revival - You can revive a NPC, and you can be revived by a NPC.
- Item Score - Items are now given a score to better assess how good they are compared to your
- Loot Instancing - No longer compete for loot with your fellow players!
- If you did enjoy having a pool of loot that is shared, you can play in "classic mode" instead.
- Loot Level Balancing - Loot will scale to the level you currently are. This is important if you are playing with a player who is much lower leveled.
- Lost Loot is Retrievable - If you missed some loot or couldn't reach something to pick it up, you will be able to retrieve it on the Sanctuary 3.
- Fill All Ammo at Vending Machines - One annoyance in the previous game was having to purchase each piece of ammo separately at the Ammo Vending Machine. Now you can just press a button to refill all of your ammo.
Other Borderlands 3 Information
- Offline Play - You will be able to play the game without an internet connection!
- Main Quest - It will take approximately 30 hours to complete if that's all you focus on.
- Microtransactions - There's no specific currency that can be purchased, but it's possible that they charge for some cosmetics.
- Raids & DLC - Four DLC of premium story are currently planned for the game. Raids will also possibly be added as an in-game update.
Borderlands 3 Classes
- Amara (Siren) - Can summon and smash enemies with ethereal fists.
- FL4K (Beastmaster) - Can summon beasts who will prey upon your enemies.
- Moze (Gunner) - Can digistruct and pilot a mech.
- Zane (Operator) - Can use gadgets, summon a drone, or a digi-clone.
- Check out our full Operative Zane Guide!
Borderlands 3 Vehicle Customization
Just like in Borderlands 2 you will be able to customize your vehicles! However, it looks like there's even more things you can do with them. You'll be able to swap out weapons, pain jobs, wheels, engines, and more!
Borderlands 3 Editions
There will be a few different ways you can purchase the game. Some of these come with a lot more stuff than others!
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition ($249.99)
Includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition, plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10) including the four new Vault Hunters, the Calypso Twins, and other characters from the Borderlands universe (approximately 3 inches tall)
- Sanctuary 3 snap model
- Vault Key keychains (x4)
- Cloth galaxy map
- Character art lithographs (x5): Character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and Calypso Twins
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
Includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition plus the Borderlands 3 season pass, which includes:
- Four (4) campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges;
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod.
Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
Includes the base game, as well as bonus digital content:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
Borderlands 3 Standard Edition ($59.99)
Includes the base game.
Borderlands 3 Gameplay
On May 1st, 2019 content creators got a chance to take parts of the game for a spin in a Demo build. You can check out some of the gameplay below!
Borderlands 3 Trailers
There's been a few trailers showing off parts of the game and teasing it. Take a look at those below.