If you are going for the mastery camo grind in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you'll eventually have to do the completionist challenges for Launchers. Compared to other weapon categories such as Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles, this class can be more difficult to rank up.
There are four Launchers in Modern Warfare 2: PILA, Strela-P, JOKR, and RPG-7. To unlock their base and mastery camo challenges, you'll first have to level all of them up to level 11 by earning weapon XP. Since just getting kills will Launchers can take you days to reach that level, we've listed some methods which you can use to achieve this rank way faster.
Tips to level up Launchers fast in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- First and foremost, go to your Quick Play filter and deselect every game mode except Kill Confirmed. These are short 6v6 games in which you have to kill opponents and collect their dog tags. You'll gain about 110+ XP for kills, but also 75 extra XP for collecting a dog tag. All you have to do is kill people using your primary weapon, switch to the Launcher, and then collect the tags. Better yet, you can forget about getting kills and just collect all the tags for your team while equipping the Launcher you're trying to level up. You can also play other objective-based game modes such as Hardpoint. However, Kill Confirmed is the most efficient one.
- Another easy way to earn XP is by playing Invasion and killing the bots that are dropped regularly throughout the match via helicopters. Switch back to 6v6 Kill Confirmed when you're getting bored killing A.I.
- Equip Decoy Grenades as your tactical equipment and throw them where you think the enemies are, or just generally in the middle of the map. Every time your teammate get kills near the decoys, you'll get some assist points. Make sure that you are holding out the Launcher as the XP is awarded to the weapon in your hands. Furthermore, using the Extra Tactical basic perk gives you three Decoy Grenades every time you spawn.
- Use the Throwing Knife as your lethal equipment and melee enemies around. While punching players with Launchers takes two hits to kill them, equipping a Throwing Knife kills them in one hit. Keep in mind that this trick will not work if you're going for camo challenges.
- Equip the DDoS Field Upgrade and use it whenever the nearby gadgets indicator hits three or more bars. This gives you XP for the weapon that you'll be holding at the time of activation. Also use the Overclock ultimate perk to recharge your DDoS 40 percent faster.
- Shoot down enemy Killstreaks such as UAVs and Counter-UAVs to earn 100 XP for your Launcher. VTOL and other aerial Killstreaks take multiple rounds to shoot down.
- Enable Scorestreak. This will let you avail the Killstreaks, even if you're not getting kills and just running around the map collecting dog tags.
- Last but not least, use your double weapon XP tokens. If you have these saved up, using them to level up Launchers is a good move.
Related: How to Get Kills From Behind in MW2
Best Custom Loadout for Launchers in Modern Warfare 2
- Primary: TAQ-56
- Secondary: PILA / Strela-P / JOKR / RPG-7
- Tactical: Decoy Grenade
- Lethal: Throwing Knife
- Perk Package
- Basic Perks: Extra Tactical and Tracker
- Bonus Perk: Fast Hands
- Ultimate Perk: Overclock
- Field Upgrade: DDoS
Stay tuned to Pro Game Guides for more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 content. In the meantime, head over to our article on CoD MW2 Polyatomic Camo – How To Get.