It's no secret that Bungie loves the Hunters in Destiny 2. The Solar 3.0 rework is further proof of this as the class continues to be versatile for a number of different situations.
What is the best Solar 3.0 build for Hunters?
- (Boss Burning) Golden Gun - Marksman: Summon a rapid-fire flaming pistol that disintegrates targets with Solar Light. Your Golden Gun deals massively increased precision damage, overpenetrates targets, and creates Orbs of Power on precision hits. Benefits from being radiant.
- (Everything Else) Blade Barrage: Vault into the air and unleash a volley of Solar-charged explosive knives.
- Gambler's Dodge: Dodge to perform a deft tumble, avoiding enemy attacks. Dodging near enemies fully recharges your Melee Ability.
- Weighted Throwing Knife: Throw a knife that deals extra precision damage and causes scorched targets to ignite. Precision final blows with this knife immediately recharge your class ability.
- Thermite Grenade: A grenade that sends forth a burning line of fire, dealing damage and scorching targets in its path.
- Knock 'em Down: Your Solar Supers are enhanced. Golden Gun-Deadshot has increased duration, Golden Gun-Marksman has increased damage resistance and duration, and Blade Barrage launches more projectiles. While radiant, final blows with your equipped Throwing Knife fully refund your melee energy.
- On Your Mark: Precision final blows grant you and nearby allies increased weapon handling and reload speed for a short duration. Stacks 3x. Activating your class ability immediately grants maximum stacks of On Your Mark.
- Ember of Combustion: Final blows with your Solar Super cause targets to ignite.
- Ember of Ashes: You apply more scorch stacks to targets.
- Ember of Eruption: Your Solar ignitions have increased area of effect.
- Ember of Char: Your Solar ignitions spread scorch to affected targets.
- Ember of Beams: Your Solar Super projectiles have stronger target acquisition.
Weapons, Armor, and Mods
- Ace of Spades: Precision kills with this weapon increase reload speed and cause the target to explode, dealing Solar damage to nearby enemies.
- Sunshot: Targets killed with sunshot explode in Solar Energy.
- (Boss Burning) Celestial Nighthawk: Modifies Golden Gun to fire a single high-damage shot. Enemies eliminated by the shot explode and grant you Super energy.
- (Everything Else) Shards of Galanor: Hits and kills with Blade Barrage will return Super Energy after the Super Ends.
- Overload Trace Rifles: Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Trace Rifles causes the beam to stun combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output. Strong against Overload Champions.
- Revitalizing Blast: Stunning a Champion causes it to ignite and clears your shield stun.
- Withering Heat: Causing damage with a Solar ability weakens Champions for a short duration.
- Classy Restoration: Activating your Solar class abilities grants you restoration.Solar Fulmination: Your ignitions do increased damage in an increased radius.
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out Everything to know about Solar 3.0 in Destiny 2 – Supers, Aspects, and Fragments on Pro Game Guides.