The Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 rework turned each class into a healing class. Some are more effective than others, but it can be argued that Warlocks reign supreme thanks to their Well of Radiance Super. This ability has become critical to many a raid strategy due to the virtual invincibility granted by standing inside. However, just because Well Lock is great for team play doesn't mean they're shabby for solo encounters. Here's our preferred build for both situations.
Destiny 2 Lightfall - Solar Warlock Build
Much like the team play aspect, this build also embraces the healing aspect for maximum survivability in solo play. You are your own healer and woe to anything that stands in your way. Throw in the combination of buffs to and for using Ticuu's Divination and you'll be well on your way to burning down the house.
Solar Warlock Abilities
- Well of Radiance: Thrust your Sword into the ground, damaging and scorching nearby targets. the Sword projects a continuous aura, granting restoration and radiant effects to nearby allies, protecting them from the effects of Stasis.
- Healing Rift: Conjur a well of power that continuously heals those inside it.
- Incinerator Snap: Snap your fingers to create a fan of burning sparks that explode and scorch targets.
- Healing Grenade: A grenade that cures allies on impact and creates an Orb of benevolent Solar Light, granting restoration to allies when picked up.
Solar Warlock Aspects
- Touch of Flame: Your Healing, Solar, Firebolt, and Fusion grenades have enhanced functionality.
- Healing Grenade: Improves the strength of cure and restoration effects applied.
- Heat Rises: You can fire weapons, melee, and throw grenades while gliding. Activating Heat Rises consumes your grenade. Final blows while airborne increase the duration of Heat Rises and grant melee energy.
Solar Warlock Fragments
- Ember of Empyrean: Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects applied to you. (-10 Resilience)
- Ember of Solace: Radiant and restoration effects applied to you have increased duration.
- Ember of Searing: Defeating scorched targets grants melee energy and creates a Firesprite. (+10 Recovery)
- Ember of Wonder: Rapidly defeating multiple targets with Solar ignitions generates an Orb of Power. (+10 Resilience)
- Aggressive Frame, Subsistence, Thresh, Hakke Breach Armaments, Major Spec
- Ticuu's Divination
- Hipfiring this weapon fires multiple tracking projectiles. Targets marked by these projectiles explode upon death, or when struck by another Sacred Flame's explosion.
- Any Solar Machine Gun
Armor & Mods
Any mods that get your Resilience up to 100 should take priority before slotting in any others. Lightfall cranked up the difficulty for a lot of activities and having that Resilience can be the difference between surviving a hit and not.
- Phoenix Protocol: Kills and assists you make while standing in your well of Radiance return Super energy.
- Solar Siphon, Solar Targeting, Font of Wisdom
- Solar Loader x2, Font of Focus
- Charged Up x2
- Solar Weapon Surge x2, Stacks on Stacks
- Class Item
- Utility Kickstart x2
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out All Champion & Artifact Mods in Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted on Pro Game Guides.