Apart from the DLCs, one of the best ways to enjoy some new content in old video games is by installing mods and farming simulator 17 is no different. The popular simulator game has hundreds of mods built by enthusiastic community members that can change the look/gameplay features of the game to some extent. Some famous mods include paintable fields, license plate customizers, and vehicle/equipment mods. So, if you are returning player trying to install some mods for Farming Simulator 17, look no further than the below instruction.
Remember, while mods for Farming Simulator 17 are available on all the game platforms, we are restricting the discussion to Xbox One for the sake of the guide.
How to install and use mods in Farming Simulator 17 - Xbox One Guide
You can install Farming Simulator 17 mods on Xbox One using the given instruction.
- Open Farming Simulator 17 on your Xbox One Console and reach the main home screen.
- Browse the main menu and click on the Mods option.
- In the Mods section, click on the type of mod you want to install. For example, if you wish to add some tools to the already existing roster, click on the tools button and select the things you want to download. Otherwise, you can click on the Latest, Best, or Most Downloaded button to explore different types of mods at once.
- Once you have found the mod you want to download, press A on your Xbox Gamepad to start installing the mod.
- You can find the list of all downloaded mods in the Downloads section inside the Mods main section itself.
- Now, return to the main menu and click on the Career button. Select your old save file or make a new one. Instead of loading inside, the game will show a new window containing all your installed mods in a list-like format.
- Select the ones you want by clicking the checkbox adjacent to it by using X. After selecting the mods, click A to load the game.
For more on Farming Simulator, check out How to purchase, feed, and sell pigs in Farming Simulator 22 or How to get the John Deere 6300 in Farming Simulator 22 on Pro Game Guides.