MMORPGs are, by their nature, multi-player experiences. But it's not surprising that some Final Fantasy fans want to play through FFXIV just for the storyline. Also, as the main bulk of players has moved on through the game, some group content can become poorly populated. The Duty Support system solves these problems, allowing you to take some of your favorite NPCs into instanced dungeons. So, what additions have been made to the Final Fantasy XIV Duty Support system in Patch 6.2?
What are the Duty Support system Changes in FFXIV Patch 6.2?
All the following changes will require you to have purchased FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and Heavensward. In addition, some of the content is only available for players who own FFXIV: Stormblood.
- New duties have been added:
A Realm Reborn: Snowcloak, The Keeper of the Lake
Heavensward: Sohm Al, The Aery, The Vault
* The Duty Support window now lists duties to be added in future updates. A notification regarding future Duty Support will also be displayed when accessing the dungeon entrance.
- Allied NPCs in Duty Support will now speak at certain points in the following duties: Sastasha, The Tam-Tara Deepcroft, Copperbell Mines, The Bowl of Embers, The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak, Haukke Manor, Brayflox's Longstop, The Navel, The Stone Vigil, The Howling Eye, Castrum Meridianum, The Praetorium, The Porta Decumana
- Allied NPCs that were not selected to accompany players into the duty will no longer appear after completing the instance.
The following issue has also been addressed:
- An issue when undertaking duties via Duty Support or the Trust system wherein NPCs in the healing role did not cast Esuna on themselves when afflicted with status ailments.
We've got you covered for everything FFXIV related at Pro Game Guides! Check out How to complete Smileton dungeon in FFXIV Endwalker, or How to get Allagan Tomestones of Astronomy in FFXIV Endwalker.