Final Fantasy XIV has a number of PvP modes in which players can take part, but by far, the most played (if only because of its status in Duty Roulette) is Frontline PvP. Frontline is a 72-player, three-way game mode that sees three teams of 24 players compete to capture points. While it’s one of the oldest active PvP modes, it’s still got a lot of rewards and updates that come along. Here are all the Frontline unlocks and details of the latest updates!
Final Fantasy XIV Frontline PvP: All unlocks
As a basic reward for completing any Frontline match, players will receive PvP experience, Wolf Marks, and Allagan tomestones based on their Grand Company's standing. However, Allagan tomestones will only be rewarded to players who are level 50 or higher. Below we go into more detail about these rewards.
Earning PvP Experience boosts your PvP rank, and some ranks come with special achievements. Only the Grand Company that you earned them through will recognize your PvP rank, PvP Experience, and Achievement Points. If you switch to a different Grand Company, you'll have to start over, but if you switch back, your progress will be restored.
If you gain enough Series Experience, you'll level up and get rewards. You can trade Trophy Crystals that you earn as series rewards for different things by talking to the crystal quartermaster at the Wolves' Den.
You can trade Wolf Marks that you get from fighting in Frontline campaigns for PvP gear and other things by talking to the mark quartermaster at the Wolves' Den.
If you keep winning Frontline campaigns, you'll get achievements that give you cool mounts and gear as rewards. Below we’ve listed the Achievements, requirements, mounts, and gear. These are redeemed via the Achievements menu.
Mount Achievement Rewards
- Raigo mount - Furious Fatalities: Emerge victorious in a combination of 60 Frontline/Rival Wings campaigns or Feast/Crystalline Conflict matches while using a title received from the disreputable priest.
- Storm Warsteed - A Line In The Storm IV: Guide the Maelstrom to 100 Frontline victories.
- Serpent Warsteed - A Line In The Glade IV: Guide the Order of the Twin Adders to 100 Frontline victories.
- Flame Warsteed - A Line In The Sand IV: Guide the Immortal Flames to 100 Frontline victories.
- Logistics Node - Behind Enemy Lines: Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 200 Frontline victories
- Aerodynamics System Mount - In a Blaze of Glory V: Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 100 Fields of Glory victories.
- Safeguard Sytem Mount - Front And Center V: Triumph in 100 matches in Frontline
- Construct VII Mount - One Steppe At A Time V: Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 100 victories at Onsal Hakair.
Gear Achievement Rewards
- Field Commander’s Helm - Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 10 Seal Rock campaign victories combined.
- Field Commander’s Boots - Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 30 Seal Rock campaign victories combined.
- Field Commander’s Gloves - Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 50 Seal Rock campaign victories combined.
- Field Commander’s Slops - Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 100 Seal Rock campaign victories combined.
- Field Commander’s Coat - Guide any of the three Grand Companies to a total of 300 Seal Rock campaign victories combined.
Final Fantasy XIV Frontline PvP Updates
In Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.3, the latest PvP series started. From Patch 6.3 until Patch 6.4 is released, Series 3 will take place. During this time, you can participate in any PvP duty to gain Series EXP and level up. When you level up, you'll unlock different rewards for the Series, as detailed above. Frontline was also affected by some minor PvP tweaks that nerfed the Ninja as well as buffed the Bard and Astrologian.
For more Final Fantasy XIV news, guides, and more, check out How to get all Triple Triad cards added in Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.35 on Pro Game Guides.