These are the unofficial Fortnite 11.30 Patch Notes! Epic has been less consistent about posting update info, so we've been compiling everything we know about the patches. We have some bug fix information, and will be posting whatever else has been added to the game. We will replace these with the official patch notes if they are posted.
Patch Release Date & Time
The Fortnite 11.30 Patch was released on December 12th, 2019.
Official Patch Notes
Here's a look at the official patch notes that have been released by Epic:
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
- Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
Fortnite 11.30 Patch Bug Fixes
Here's the official information on the bugs that have been squashed in the new patch:
- Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
- Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
- The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
- Resolved an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.
Unofficial Patch Notes
Here's where we will be detailing all of the things that have been added to the game that weren't covered by Epic. If you're looking for leaked cosmetics, we will have a full look at them right here.
The Annual Pass apparently was canceled and was just accidentally left in the files.
It looks like Epic will soon give you the ability to purchase all four seasons of the battle pass in one go! If you do this, you will get some exclusive outfits! Find out more about it right here.
You can now find XP Coins on the map that you can collect. They should give you 6,250 experience for each one you find!
Image Credit to Fishy5062
New weapons have been added to the loot pool! You can now find the Sneaky Snowmen and Snowball Launcher that are themed for the winter season.
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Sneaky Snowmen
- Snowball Launcher
- Block of Coal
- Hunting Rifle
New PlayStation Bundle
New & Leaked Challenges
Stretch Goal Challenges
There's a new set of battle pass challenges that you can complete. There's even a prestige set available for after you complete the first batch.
- Deal damage to opponents (5,000)
- Achieve Shotgun Specialist or AR Specialist by dealing with Shotguns or Assault Rifles (10)
- Achieve Pistol Specialist or SMG Specialist by dealing damage with Pistols or SMGs (10)
- Achieve Sniper Specialist or Explosive Specialist by dealing damage with Snipers or Explosives (10)
- Catch weapons from fishing spots (10)
- Eliminate opponents (25)
- Outlast opponents in Solos, Duos, or Squads (2,000)
- Deal damage to opponents (250,000)
- Achieve Shotgun Specialist or AR Specialist by dealing with Shotguns or Assault Rifles (150)
- Achieve Pistol Specialist or SMG Specialist by dealing damage with Pistols or SMGs (100)
- Achieve Sniper Specialist or Explosive Specialist by dealing damage with Snipers or Explosives (75)
- Catch weapons from fishing spots (250)
- Eliminate opponents (1,000)
- Outlast opponents in Solos, Duos, or Squads (20,000)
Season 11 Overtime Challenges (Leaked)
Some Overtime challenges have leaked, but currently they are only going to provide one additional style for the Remedy skin as a reward. These aren't available yet, but should be releasing in the next week or two. You can take a look at the style and the challenges right here.
Winterfest Challenges (Leaked)
This is basically the 14 Days of Summer event but for the winter seasons! There will be 14 challenges you can complete, and for each one you will earn a free cosmetic! Here's a look at the challenges, you can find all of the rewards on our Winterfest guide.
- Search Holiday Stocking in the Winterfest Cabin (1)
- Stoke a Campfire (1)
- Eliminations with an Unvaulted Weapon (5)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowman in different matches (2)
- Warm yourself by the fireplace in the Winterfest Cabin (1)
- Dance at Holiday trees in different Named Locations (5)
- Search a chest within 60 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus (1)
- Use Presents! (2)
- Open Frozen Loot (1)
- Deal damage to an opponent with a Lump of Coal (1)
- Set_02_H_1 (Encrypted)
- Search Ice Boxes (2)
- Light a Frozen Firework found on beaches in Sweaty Sands, Craggy Cliffs, or Dirty Docks (1)
- Search Ammo Boxes at The Workshop, Shiver Inn, or Ice Throne (2)
Risky Reels Stage Update
The Risky Reels stage is being setup for the big Star Wars event that will be happening on December 14th at 2pm ET!
Next weekend, something from a galaxy far, far away is visiting Risky Reels. On Saturday, December 14 @ 2 PM ET, drop in as director J.J. Abrams will reveal never-before-seen footage from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live at Risky Reels. Grab some popcorn and watch the exclusive scene in-game ahead of the movie's release, only in Fortnite! Remember to drop in early at 1:30 PM ET when the doors open.
New Landmark: Apres Ski
A new dance ski lodge type building has been added called Apres Ski. It can be found southwest of Misty Meadows in the mountains.
New Landmark: Shiver Inn
An Ice Hotel has popped up on the east side of the map in the snowy part of the map called the Shiver Inn!
The map will be slowly covered with snow throughout the holiday season.