With a new week, we welcome new challenges and quests. We're now in Week 9 of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6. In this guide, we will provide the guides for those tough-to-complete quests and some general tips to make the simpler quests even easier.
Cheat Sheet Map
The map below provides the locations of all the spawns for this week's quests with specific locations. Follow the instructions below the map if you need more detail.
- Red Circles: High chicken spawn rate locations.
- Blue Circles: High fishing hole spawn rate locations.
- Purple Circles: High boar spawn rate locations.
- NPCs: Locations of NPCs that sell Rifts.
General Tips and Tricks
- Activate a Rift by Purchasing it from a Character : Rifts cost 245 Gold Bars, so be sure you have that much before you go seeking an NPC. The list below provides you the locations of each NPC that sells them.
- Raz: Raz is on the second floor of the largest building in Colossal Crops.
- Rebirth Raven: Raven is in the house that overlooks Coral Castle, Northwest of Sweaty Sands.
- Orelia: Orelia is in the Ruins Isle, directly south of Flush Factory.
- Cabbie: Cabbie is standing outside the large building on the southern side of Lazy Lake.
- Castaway Jonesy: Castaway Jonesy is on the small island in the northeastern corner of the map.
- Willow: Willow is wandering around Weeping Woods, usually on the southern half.
- Bunker Jonesy: Bunker Jonesy has four locations where he sells rifts.
- On the hill directly east of Misty Meadows.
- In the wooden house directly northwest of Shipwreck Cove.
- In the section of houses directly northwest of Steamy Stacks.
- On the island with the lighthouse, directly northwest of Stealthy Stronghold.
- Hunt a Boar : The purple circles in the map above outline the best areas to hunt Boars. If you need additional directions on how to hunt wildlife, use the following guide: How to Hunt Wildlife in Fortnite.
- Spend 7 seconds within 7 meters of a fleeing chicken : The red circles in the map above outline the best areas to find chickens on the map. When you get near them, simply chase them without picking them up. They will continue to run away for as long as you are near them.
- Gain health in the Storm : This one sounds more complicated than it is. There are a couple ways to do it, but the easiest way is to use a medkit or a bandage while you're in the storm. The only thing you need to be careful of is to not let your health get so low that you're unable to finish healing before the storm damage takes you out. We recommend you do this early in the match since you take less damage from the storm.
- Shockwave Grenade yourself while in the Storm : The hardest part about this quest is finding a Shockwave Grenade. These grenades are of Epic rarity, so it's entirely possible to not see one throughout the entire match. When you find one, just hold on to it and throw it at your feet. It's best to pair this with the quests to Gain Health in the Storm and Build in the Storm, if possible.
- Survive Storm phases : This is a fairly straightforward quest and doesn't require help. Just survive each round as long as you can! It's possible to get this in one match, if you make it to the end.
- Build in the Storm : It's best to do this in the beginning of the match since you take less damage from the storm. Harvest 100 Wood by cutting down trees, wait for the storm to reach you, and build 10 structures of any type. It's best to pair this with the quests to Gain Health in the Storm and Gain health in the Storm, if possible.
- Catch Fish (Legendary) [50/100/150/200/250]: This week's Legendary Quest is fairly straightforward, but the number of fish you have to catch can make it quite a grind. The blue circles in the map above outline the areas on the map with the highest fishing hole spawn rates. It's easiest to do this with Fishing Rods, since Harpoon Guns tend to get weapons more often than fish. Catching weapons and junk with your fishing tools doesn't count towards your goal. The fastest way to do any legendary quest is to get a team of four with people you know and work together to hit each threshold.
As we said, Fortnite drops a new set of challenges every week and you have potential to earn 277,000 XP if you complete all of them! Be sure to check our Complete Guide every week for the new challenges and guides to max out your XP.
We cover the latest season of Fortnite in our Complete Guide to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6! Be sure to check out the latest skins and all our guides to help you level up to 100.