On August 25, 2021, Epic Games announced that the unreleased new Samsung Galaxy Grappler outfit will finally be available in Fortnite. Players who were fans of the old Galaxy outfit will be excited to know that they can finally get the revamped version. What's more than that: if you're down for a challenge, you can get the outfit early and for free via the Samsung Galaxy Cup 2.0!
Event Schedule & Basic Info
This event is being hosted in one round on August 29, 2021. At the moment, there is no information about when the event runs on this date other than that all regions will be hosted at the same time. However, usually special tournaments like this run from 5pm CST to 8pm CST. This is a Solos tournament, so be sure to practice and and bring your best game!
For the first time ever, Epic Games is hosting this tournament in the Arsenal LTM format. It's strongly recommended that players interested in joining practice the Arsenal LTM game mode before they participate.
Like most of Fortnite's other tournaments, the prize for high placement in this tournament is early access to the related cosmetics. Players who reach a specific rank in their respective regions will receive the Galaxy Grappler Outfit, Hands of the Galaxy Back Bling, and Vortextual Wrap before they’re released in the shop! The list below tells you what placement you need to reach in each region to take home the prize.
- Vortextual Wrap
- Europe: Top 22,500 players
- NA East: Top 10,500 players
- NA West: Top 4,000 players
- Brazil: Top 7,000 players
- Asia: Top 2,500 players
- Oceania: Top 2,000 players
- Middle East: Top 1,500 players
- Galaxy Grappler Outfit + Hands of the Galaxy Back Bling
- Europe: Top 11,250 players
- NA East: Top 5,250 players
- NA West: Top 2,000 players
- Brazil: Top 3,500 players
- Asia: Top 1,250 players
- Oceania: Top 1,000 players
- Middle East: Top 750 players
Additionally, any players that score at least 20 points in the competition will receive the Llamalaxy Spray.
Entry into this tournament is easy. The only major guidelines you need to follow fall under the categories of Age, Account Status, and Competition Rank. These are explained in the short list below.
- Age: Anyone wishing to participate must be at least 13 years of age. If you are under 18, you must have a parent's permission to participate.
- Account Status: To participate in any tournament on Fortnite, your account must be in good standing and have 2FA Enabled.
- Here's how to do this: How to Enable 2FA in Fortnite.
- Competition Rank: This tournament does not require players to be of any specific rank to enter. However, you must have an account level of at least 30 to compete.
Placement & Scoring
This tournament works the same as most tournaments in which the players with the most points accumulated across all viable matches they play are given the rewards. Viable matches are the first 10 matches played by each player. The list below details the Scoring System for each match.
- Victory Royale: 7 Points
- 2nd - 16th: 1 Point
- Each Elimination: 1 Point
Think you've got what it takes to take home the Galaxy Grappler Outfit in the Galaxy Cup 2.0? Be there on August 29, 2021!
Did you know we cover the latest cosmetics you can get in the Item Shop? Check out what content is coming or going to the shop today with our Fortnite Item Shop database!