Epic Games has informed us that there will be a new patch released at some point in the near future. Some of the most notable issues players are facing will be fixed, including the missing NPC #17! Check out the full list of patch notes below.
Fortnite v16.20 Patch Notes
Before we begin, we'd like to note: Because these changes are still only listed as Fixed in the next patch update on the Fortnite Community Trello Board, we can't confirm that they're all perfect, nor that they're the only changes being made to the game. Still, you can refer to this list for the most significant changes coming with this patch.
This patch reached the staging servers on April 7, 2021. Patches are usually released about a week after they have reached this stage. Barring any issues, we can safely assume we'll update to v16.20 around April 16.
As we state above, these are the issues marked on the Fortnite Community Trello Board as having been fixed in the Next Patch Update. Epic typically does not release official patch notes until the update is released, if at all.
- Players cannot create system-level parties that include both PS5 and PS4 players.
- This issue was supposed to be fixed during the last patch, but it still seems to be an issue for some players.
- Code Green Wrap not appearing correctly.
- The Wrap Code Green wasn't displaying the numbers like it should.
- Cosmetics in the Item Shop appear blurry for Switch Players.
- 3D Resolution is resetting itself to 75% for mobile players every time they log in.
- If a player's server region is set to Auto, the Arena playlists will not show in the playlist select menu. Players see 9,999ms ping time for each server region.
- This issue was patched already, but Nintendo Switch players and PC Players using Performance mode are still experiencing the problem.
- Players have zero visual changes while in the storm using Performance Mode or on Mobile.
- Slurpshrooms and Coconuts are temporarily disabled.
- Collection Book Character #17 is currently not appearing on the Island.
- Rumors suggest this was supposed to be Sparkplug, but we'll see!
- Vehicles are bouncing excessively in Creative Mode for some players.
- Some players are still spawning with a pickaxe, even if the option is disabled.
Save the World
- Missions in the Scurvy Shoals Ventures season aren't granting quest credit for the Directive: Mission Alert 2! mission.
The list above shows all the changes they have fixed that are available to the public. They seem on top of things this Season!
We've got the latest coverage for all the new content in Season 6! Check out our Complete Guide to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6!