The Rail Gun and the Recon Scanner are no strangers to Fortnite players, having made their appearance back in Chapter 2 Season 7. Now, they have been unvaulted, and players get to welcome them back by completing a bunch of new challenges. The Rail Gun Recon Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 require the players to scan enemies with the Recon Scanner and deal damage using the Rail Gun to complete challenges and gain substantial amounts of XP.
What are the Recon Scanner and Rail Gun in Fortnite?
The Recon Scanner is a utility item that shoots a projectile and reveals enemy locations in a certain radius, while the Rail Gun is a powerful rifle that charges up before firing, and can even penetrate walls to deal damage to enemies. Completing all the challenges in this questline will grant the player a whopping 125,000 XP, so hurry up and get cracking!
All Rail Gun Recon Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
As mentioned prior, completing all the challenges in this questline requires the use of both the Rail Gun and the Recon Scanner, so make sure to pick up these items in your matches. Here are all the challenges in the Rail Gun Recon Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3 and how to complete them.
- Deal damage from 50 meters or more using the Rail Gun (25,000 XP) - A quick tip to complete this challenge with ease is to place a marker on the ground with the ping button before shooting in order to determine the distance between you and your target. You will need to do a total of 500 damage to complete this challenge.
- Deal damage to an opponent within 30 seconds of scanning them (25,000 XP) - For this challenge, you will need to scan opponents with the Recon Scanner, then deal damage within 30 seconds of revealing their position.
- Deal damage to opponents with the Rail Gun (25,000 XP) - This challenge has three stages. You are required to deal 500 damage to complete the first stage, 2500 damage to complete the second stage, and 10,000 damage to complete the third stage.
- Get a headshot with the Rail Gun (25,000 XP) - The easiest way to land a headshot with the Rail Gun is to target IO guards, as they remain relatively still compared to other players.
- Mark enemy players using the Recon Scanner (25,000 XP) - This challenge has three stages. You are required to scan five enemies to complete the first stage, scan 25 enemies to complete the second stage, and scan 100 enemies to complete the third stage.
Where to find the Rail Gun and Recon Scanner in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2
The Rail Gun and Recon Scanner have been unvaulted, and as a result, they can be found all over the map inside chests or as ground loot. To improve your chances of finding them, land in hotspot POIs with lots of buildings, where you will find more chests. POIs under the control of the IO are also good locations to find these items. A fun tip—trying smashing up the foundations of a building with a IO Tank or the Battle Bus. This will make the building disappear and drop all the loot inside it on the ground.
Wondering which are the most uncommon emotes in Fortnite? Check out Fortnite Rarest Emotes (May 2022) – Rare Dances!, here on Pro Game Guides.