Fortnite is one of the most popular third-person shooter games on the market. At any given moment, hundreds of thousands of players could be online across the world. Naturally, this makes us all want to join the fray and test our mettle against a fanbase with millions of players. It can be installed on several platforms, and in this guide, we'll explain how to install it on two of them: PC and Android!
How to Download Fortnite on PC and Android
Downloading the game for PC is easy, but installing it on your Android phone can be complicated. We've laid out the steps below with an easy-to-navigate guide.
Step One: Allow the Install for the Epic Games App
- A: Navigate to fortnite.com/android on your Android device. Select the option to install the Epic Games App.
- B: Press download when prompted in your browser.
- C: Open the downloaded file from the folder where you saved it.
- D: You might see a popup that says your browser cannot install apps like this for security purposes. You can ignore that; the app is safe. You will be prompted to enter your phone's settings and change them to allow your browser to install this app.
Step Two: Install the Epic Games App, and allow the Install for Fortnite
- A: Once you've changed it to allow the install, you can install the Epic Games App.
- B: When the Epic Games App is installed, you will see Fortnite as one of the games you can install from the Epic Games Launcher. Select it.
- C: Select install on the screen that displays for Fortnite.
- D: You will be informed that your device does not allow the Epic Games App to make changes to your device for security purposes. You can ignore that; the app is safe. You will be prompted to go to the settings to allow the Epic Games App to make changes. Go to your settings and toggle this to allow Fortnite to be installed.
Step Three: Install and Play!
- A: When you change the settings to let the Epic Games Launcher install Fortnite, you will see a new popup to install it. Click install.
- B: You will be prompted to search for your current account or start a new one. Set up your account, and you'll finally be directed to the Install screen.
- C: Select Install.
- D: Select Play!
The process to install Fortnite on PC is much easier than any other platform. First, you'll need to install the Epic Games Launcher.
Step One: Install the Epic Games Launcher
- A: Navigate to fortnite.com and click Download on the top-right corner.
- B: Select PC from the list of platforms.
- C: When your computer prompts you, allow access to install the Epic Games Launcher
- D: When the install is complete, simply open the launcher! The default option installs an icon on your desktop. If you didn't allow for this, open the launcher from the folder where you installed it.
Step Two: Install Fortnite
- A: When the Epic Games Launcher is open, you'll see tabs on the left. Select the Store tab and search for Fortnite (if the game's store page is not already on your home screen).
- B: Select the Fortnite app to navigate to the store page. You can install the game from this page. When the install begins, you may be prompted to allow the Epic Games Launcher to make changes to your device. It is safe to do so, so allow it access.
- C: Once it's installed, return to the Epic Games Launcher. Select the tab on the left that says Library.
- D: Fortnite is ready to launch! Click the game's icon to launch it.
Since the install process can be different for anyone and depends mostly on your device settings, we have opted to provide the basic install operations. If you need further information about your specific mobile device, feel free to drop a comment! We will be happy to add instructions on how to install it.
Once you install the game, be sure to set up 2FA to keep your account secure! Check out our guide on How to Enable 2FA in Fortnite.