Forza Motorsport is coming on Xbox Series X|S and PC and launches globally on October 10th. You can purchase the Premium Edition to get Early Access and begin playing the game five days before that. But is it worth it? Here is everything you need to know about the different editions of the game.
Should you buy the Standard, Deluxe, or Premium Edition of Forza Motorsport?
Before I start, I'm just going to put it out there: Forza Motorsport Standard Edition is the only edition that offers a physical copy. It costs $69.99 and includes the full game with no restrictions but with no packages or car packs included. This is the edition Xbox Game Pass users get included with their subscription.
Both the Deluxe and Premium versions of the game are only purchasable digitally. They come with a digital copy of the game plus freebies. There is also a "Premium Add-Ons Bundle" for those who want the additional content but own a physical copy of the game.
Should you buy the Forza Motorsport Deluxe Edition?
For $89.99, the Deluxe Edition gives you access to the Car Pass. This grants you 30 cars that are new to the Forza games and are delivered to you weekly—one per week—without any additional cost of in-game currency.
The first cars from this bundle have already been revealed:
- 2018 Volkswagen #22 Experion Racing Golf GTI becomes available on October 5th.
- 2019 Dodge #9 American V8 Road Racing TA Challenger on October 12th.
- 1999 Nissan #23 NISMO Clarion R391 on October 19th.
- 2020 BMW M2 Competition Coupé on October 26th.
Should you get the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition?
The Premium Edition is digital only. For $99.99, It includes everything the Deluxe does, but you also get a Race Day Car Pack, a VIP membership, a Welcome Pack, and the option to play the Early Access on October 5th.
The Race Day Car Pack car list
These eight cars will be unlocked from the start of the game:
- Acura NSX GT3 #36 Gradient Racing 2018
- Audi R8 LMS GT3 #44 Magnus Racing 2018
- BRM P201 #14 Motul Team 1974
- Ford Focus ST #14 Amd Tuning 2014
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Trans-Am #75 Newman-Sharp Racing 1990
- Porsche 911 GT3 R #73 Park Place Motorsports 2018
- Subaru Levorg GT #1 Adrian Flux Racing 2018
- Vauxhall Astra #77 Power Maxed TAG Racing 2017
The Welcome Pack car list
These cars are immediately unlocked, and you receive 500,000 credits to buy any other cars of your preference.
- BMW M4 Competition Coupe 2021
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2020
- Porsche 911 Carrera S 2019
- Toyota GR Supra 2020
- Volkswagen Golf R 2021
This membership gives you a permanent boost of 2x to all the credits you earn as you race and five unique cars that are only available for VIP members:
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE 2018 Forza Edition
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe 2020 Forza Edition
- Hyundai Veloster N 2019 Forza Edition
- Mercedes-AMG C63 S Coupe 2016 Forza Edition
- Subaru STI S209 2019 Forza Edition
On top of that, VIP players receive special driver gear, tags, cards, car purchase discounts, and special VIP rivals events.
What is the Forza Motorsport Premium Add-Ons Bundle?
The Forza Motorsport Premium Add-Ons Bundle is meant to expand the Standard Edition into a Premium Edition, and it only costs $35.99 if you are a Game Pass member. This is a great option for those who know they will keep the membership for a long time, but do keep in mind that as Game Pass users we don't own the base copy of the game. We would be purchasing an upgrade on a game we won't be able to use once we cancel our membership.
Should you preorder Forza Motorsport?
I miss the days when the preorder versions of the games came with collector items or bonus content, but that is no longer the case.
The only advantage you get if you pre-order Forza Motorsport is that it allows you to pre-download the game starting on October 5th. However, you won't be able to play it until the global launch on October 10th. So, no! Unless the retailer is offering limited freebies, you don't need to pre-order this game.
For more on Forza Motorsport, check out Everything we know about Forza Motorsport – Release Date, Game Pass, Platforms, & more here on Pro Game Guides.