Captain Chevreuse is a four-star Pyro character leaked to wield a polearm. She's expected to release in Genshin Impact's Version 4.3 update, alongside Navia. They share a similar trait of wielding guns on top of their standard weapon.
Two-in-one weapon units are always exciting to play, so I'm excited to pull for Chevreuse. If you're also thinking about pulling for her, get to know her kit below to help you make a decision. But keep in mind that the information below has not been confirmed by HoYoverse and is solely based on leaks, so take them with a grain of salt. It's common for changes to occur between the beta test and the official release.
Captain Chevreuse – Skills, Constellations, & more in Genshin Impact
Auto Attack: Line Bayonet Thrust EX
- Normal Attack: Performs up to four consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Short-Range Rapid Interdiction Fire
- Chevreuse quickly shoulders her musket and fires at her opponent(s), dealing AoE Pyro Damage. For a short duration after Chevreuse fires a shot, she will continuously restore HP to the active character on the field. The amount healed is based on her Max HP. Hold to fire in a different fashion.
- Enter Aiming Mode, locking a target in her sights to fire a precise interdiction shot. If Chevreuse has an Overcharged Ball, then she will fire the Overcharged Ball instead, dealing greater Pyro Damage in a larger area.
- Chevreuse gains one Overcharged Ball every time a nearby character in the party triggers an Overloaded reaction, and can have up to one Overcharged Ball at a time.
- Arkhe: Ousia
- Periodically, after Chevreuse's Short-Range Rapid Interdiction Fire hits, a Surging Blade will be called forth that deals ousia-aligned Pyro Damage.
Elemental Burst: Ring of Bursting Grenades
- Chevreuse fires an explosive grenade at opponents with her musket, dealing AoE Pyro Damage. After the projectile hits, it will split into many secondary explosive shells. The secondary explosive shells will burst after a short interval, dealing Pyro Damage to nearby opponents.
- Energy Cost: 60
- Passive one (Double Time March): Decreases sprinting Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
- Passive two (Vanguard's Coordinated Tactics): When the Elemental Type of all party members is Pyro or Electro and there is at least one Pyro and one Electro character each in the party:
- Chevreuse grants "Coordinated Tactics" to nearby party members: After a character triggers the Overloaded reaction, the Pyro and Electro RES of the opponent(s) affected by this Overloaded reaction will be decreased by 40% for 6 seconds.
- The "Coordinated Tactics" effect will be removed when the Elemental Types of the characters in the party do not meet the basic requirements for the Passive Talent.
- Passive three (Vertical Force Coordination): After Chevreuse fires an Overcharged Ball using Short-Range Rapid Interdiction Fire, nearby Pyro and Electro characters in the party gain 1% increased Attack for every 1000 Max HP Chevreuse has for 30 seconds. Attack can be increased by up to 40% in this way.
- C1 (Stable Front Line's Resolve): When the active character with the "Coordinated Tactics" status (not including Chevreuse herself) triggers the Overloaded reaction, they will recover six Energy. This effect can be triggered once every 10 seconds. You must first unlock the Passive Talent "Vanguard's Coordinated Tactics."
- C2 (Sniper Induced Explosion): After Holding Short-Range Rapid Interdiction Fire and hitting a target, two chain explosions will be triggered near the location where said target is hit. Each explosion deals Pyro DMG equal to 120% of Chevreuse's Attack. This effect can be triggered up to once every 10 seconds, and DMG dealt this way is considered Elemental Skill Damage.
- C3 (Practiced Field Stripping Technique): Increases the Level of Short-Range Rapid Interdiction Fire by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C4 (The Secret to Rapid-Fire Multishots): When As the Sunlit Sky's Singing Salute hits an opponent, that opponent's Geo RES will be decreased by 20% for eight seconds.
- C5 (Enhanced Incendiary Firepower): Increases the Level of Ring of Bursting Grenades by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C6 (In Pursuit of Ending Evil): After 12 seconds of the healing effect from Short-Range Rapid Interdiction Fire, all nearby party members recover HP equivalent to 10% of Chevreuse's Max HP once. After a party member is healed by Short-Range Rapid Interdiction Fire, they gain a 20% Pyro DMG Bonus and Electro DMG Bonus for eight seconds. Max three stacks. Each stack's duration is counted independently.
For more on Chevreuse, check out our guide on Chevreuse’s Special Dish and how to cook it in Genshin Impact – Sin The Kind that Doesn’t Need to be Dealt With here on Pro Game Guides.