In God of War Ragnarok, Kratos and Atreus travel the nine realms and fight all manner of creatures. Kratos learns several skills during their journey, and so does Atreus. Atreus's skills are unlocked as you progress through the main narrative. Here are the best skills for Atreus in God of War Ragnarok.
Best Instinct Skills in God of War Ragnarok
Atreus's Instinct skills are based around combining combos with Kratos and time-slowing effects known as eagle eye. The best instinct skills are:
- Dive Into Battle: Press triangle to grapple toward an enemy and strike them with force. It also applies status damage to the currently equipped Runic Arrow.
- Cunning Eagle Eye: Slow time down by pressing L2 following a successful parry.
- Deceptive Eagle Eye: Slow time down by pressing L2 after a last-second evade.
Best Archery Skills in God of War Ragnarok
Archery skills are focused on buffing Atreus's ranged damage and Runic Arrows. Runic arrows can either apply the Sonic or Hex status effects to enemies. The best archery skills are:
- Focus Shot: Aim and hold R1 for longer to charge up an even stronger arrow dealing increased damage and knockback.
- Focus Volley: Aim and hold R2 for longer to shoot an even bigger barrage of Runic Arrows upon release.
- Arrow Surplus: Atreus gains an additional Runic Arrow.
Best Aggression Skills in God of War Ragnarok
Aggression skills improve Atreus melee combat and evasive maneuvers. These skills can be effectively weaved between ranged attacks with Atreus's bow. The best aggression skills are:
- Bludgeoning Strikes: Hold R1 to trip and strike an enemy. Continue holding R1 to deal heavy stun by extending the duration of the beatdown.
- Imbued Assault: Hold R2 to swing the bow for a wide heavy attack. Applies status damage of the currently equipped Runic Arrow.
- High Ground: A powerful heavy attack finisher at the end of a light attack combo. Press R1, R1, R1, R1, R2, R2, R2.
For more information on God Of War Ragnarok, check out How to level up and upgrade gear in God of War Ragnarok on Pro Game Guides.