If you want to be a good paranormal investigator in Phasmophobia, you should know what type of ghost is haunting the joint upon first entry. Yet this is a coop horror game, so it's undoubtedly 4 friends thinking they can do the job, and then the owner finding 4 dead bodies come the next morning! Players must know what they are up against; it's vital, as certain ghosts are weaker to certain things, and without this knowledge, hiding in wardrobes and trying not to cry too loudly, so it doesn't trigger the microphone is all you can really do!
It's best for you and your friends, up to 4 of them, to work together and find the evidence needed to find out what type of ghost it is. That is the first task that must be done. Of course, we've put together a guide to make the job easier for you. Here are the different types of ghosts in Phasmophobia!
Phasmophobia Ghost types
Collecting evidence can be a lengthy process, as you'll have to bring out your Ouija boards, your cameras, thermometers, and torches for setting yourself on fire if everything ends badly! You and your other investigators will slowly find this evidence and come to a sound conclusion of what ghost type it is; however, if you are wrong, prepare to die.
There are 12 unique ghost types in Phasmophobia, and not a single one acts the same; each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
- Strength: Can quickly move objects.
- Weakness: Incredibly active when more players are in proximity.
- Strength: Their footsteps can't be traced.
- Weakness: It reacts salt.
- Strength: It homes in on one player at a time.
- Weakness: It hates the Crucifix.
- Strength: Multiple objects can be thrown at once.
- Weakness: Rooms that are empty of people
- Strength: Attacks aggressively
- Weakness: Asking questions using the ouija board does not lower a player's sanity.
- Strength: When looking at a phantom will cause your sanity to drop.
- Weakness: It's not photogenic, so taking its photo will cause it to disappear.
- Strength: Good at evading detecting
- Weakness: If players are in a group, the Shade will not hunt.
- Strength: Is incredibly fast when hunting
- Weakness: When players are hidden, it's speed drops massively.
- Strength: The further you are away from it, the faster the Jinn becomes.
- Weakness: By turning off a location's power source.
- Strength: Doesn't have one
- Weakness: Utilizing smudge sticks will prevent attacks.
- Strength: Players Sanity is affected more than usual.
- Weakness: Utilizing smudge sticks can prevent their movement.
- Strength: Uses the darkness to increase the number of attacks
- Weakness: Light