Phasmophobia has become a massive hit on Steam, as it has an overwhelmingly positive review scoring, and we do not blame it! Phasmophobia is a coop horror game where you or with friends become paranormal investigators and try to solve the issues haunted locations are having. Of course, you come equipped with a plethora of gear to figure out what type of ghost is causing the haunting; you can even have the dream job of being the chair guy and watch all the cameras for strange stuff occurring!
With 3 different difficulties the games provide, you can really put your knowledge to the test and see if you can handle the ghost on Professional level difficulty. Are you up for the challenge? Kinetic Games have done a stellar job with Phasmophobia, and people are screaming for more updates, more content, as they are hooked! What does Phasmophobia have in mind for future updates? Does it have any kind of future roadmap for content?
The next update for Phasmophobia is always in the works, and Kinetic games has updated the Trello Board, to show fans what is coming in the next update. At this present time, it's not much, but here is whats will be coming.
- At the moment nothing is on the Trello Board.
This is the current update that was pushed through on Jan. 8/10. For the entire patch notes we've got you covered: Phasmophobia: Beta Patch Notes (January 2021)
- Add an accessibility p[age on the main menu and add an option to change sound to mono.
- Can't click on the server arrows with a controller.
- Add a dropdown to select the contract difficultly rather than it being random
A few months have passed since Phasmophobia was released, and a lot of updates have occurred that the Trello Board needs another look at to see what Kinetic Games has been working on. The Prison map is now released, so that leaves two more. The other two levels are:
- The Mansion, which by the sounds of things, could be massive.
- The Apartment Building, so we think it'll be a smaller map for newer players to the game, or it might be based over in a complex, meaning it could ultimately become the biggest map in the game.
However, these are in the backlog of things Kinetic Games need to catch up on. These are things that will be added slowly over time, as other priorities take precedent.
Other main things that are in the backlog list are:
- Add bHaptics Support.
- Nightvision Goggles.
- SLS Camera.
- Adds screams to the outside and add things to the windows of other houses.
- Makes plates and glasses smashable.
- Add Ghost Voices when the Ghost is hunting.
- Publish game to Oculus/Quest store.
The To-Do list is mainly things that are going to appear after the backlog is completed or if there is any spare time for anything else. Here are the main elements being in this list:
- Replace the Farm
- Make weather a random chance in all maps.
- Make the last journal page a group mechanic in the truck.
- Make the Ghost have a chance to throw objects towards the player.
- Make the Ghost interact with objects in the hunting phase.
- A lot of VR quality of life.
- Add localization to the House map.
And the most important list of all, the In Progress list, what Kinetic Games are working on as of right now:
- New leveling system that scales the exp gained based on the player's level.
- Add accessibility option on the main menu to change to mono.
- Add an Options menu on the server screen when players are in the lobby.
- Add something to indicate when a Crucifix has been used.
- Add a dropdown to select contract difficulty rather than it being random.
- Add a single-player button that does not connect to the server.
Old: Luckily, Phasmophobia has a roadmap of content that will be coming to the game in the future in the form of a Trello board so you can see all the bugs and content being worked on. The public Trello board has been updated with a small insight into what is coming.
There are a plethora of things being worked on, but the most notable is the potential addition of another game mode, where you play as the ghost. This is very akin to Left 4 Dead when 4 players controlled the humans, and then 4 players control an array of zombies. If this mode comes to Phasmophobia, it will be an absolute hit, as AI can only work in so many ways, and with human knowledge, there could be an unbeatable ghost!
Of course, other additions are being worked on, such as adding Steam Cloud save support, a mute toggle for VR, making weather a random chance to happen on all maps, and allowing the ghosts to throw objects at any players entering its domain. Honestly, Kinetic games are working hard on making Phasmophobia the best it can be.
They are even asking for player ideas, player input on their Trello board. At the moment, there are 3 tags for "Ideas Needed."
- Add something for dead players to do (could be just for fun or to help alive players.) - This has happened; dead players now have something to do, albeit it's very minute, it's still fun!
- Nerf the Thermometer - it is too easy to find the Ghosts room. - this has happened in the October 28th Beta patch notes.
- Potentially remove the random contract and let you pick what map you want.
Phasmophobia has got lots of content in mind for the future. We don't currently know when all these updates will come out, but it's accurate to say that the game will be constantly updated regularly with small updates that will be fixing bugs, but when the big stuff happens, we'll become the chair guy and sit back and wait and see what happens.