The Herbology class in Hogwarts Legacy teaches you how to plant, harvest, and use seeds, ingredients, and combat items. Throughout the campaign, you will attend Herbology classes and unlock the ability to grow your own plants in the Room of Requirement. This Hogwarts Legacy Herbology guide will help you with everything you need to start potting, growing, and harvesting plants.
To get started, you will want to purchase ingredient seeds from Magic Neep and combat item seeds from the Dogweed and Deathcap shop, both located in the outskirts of Hogsmeade. After purchasing seeds, go to the Spells and Tomes shop to purchase a pot spellcraft. To get large pots and medium pots for growing plants, you will need to purchase the spellcrafts for them at Spells and Tomes. The shops can be seen on the map below.
Once you purchase the pots, go to the Room of Requirement to place the pots and plant your seeds. Here are all the seeds and what pot size they require.
All Seeds and pot sizes in Hogwarts Legacy
- Dittany: Ingredient in Wiggenweld Potion (Any size pot needed)
- Fluxweed: Ingredient in Focus Potion (Large pot needed)
- Knotgrass: Ingredient in Invisibility Potion (Any size pot needed)
- Mallowsweet: Ingredient for activating Merlin Trials (Any size pot needed)
- Shrivelfig: Ingredient in Thunderbrew Potion (Medium or Large size pot needed)
Related: Hogwarts Legacy Merlin Trials – All Puzzles and Solutions
Combat Item Seeds
- Chinese Chomping Cabbage: Attacks nearby enemies (Medium or Large size pot needed)
- Mandrake: Used to stun and do damage to enemies (Any size pot needed)
- Venomous Tentacula: Shoots poison at nearby enemies (Large size pot needed)
To place pots in the Room of Requirement, equip the Conjuring Spell and select the Herbology tab. Any pot you have purchased from Spells and Tomes shop can be placed in the room. After placing the pot, you can plant the seeds.
Each seed takes 10 to 15 minutes to grow depending on the type of seed planted. Fertilizer will increase the yield of each seed and can be purchased at the Magic Neep. The Dung Composter spellcraft, which creates Fertilizer, can be purchased at the Spells and Tomes shop.
For more on Hogwarts Legacy, check out All 9 Demiguise Statues Locations in Hogsmeade in Hogwarts Legacy or All Daedalian Key locations in Hogwarts Legacy here on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Hogwarts Legacy Herbology guide – Seeds, combat plants, & pot sizes