Many players are excited to finally sit down and play Hogwarts Legacy, but the game has had its fair share of technical issues on both PS5 and PC. For example, on PS5, players have been getting error code WS-116521-6, preventing them from playing the game due to connection issues. There have been plenty of problems plaguing PC players, one of which is constant game crashes. Below you will find some solutions that may solve this problem.
What can I do to stop Hogwarts Legacy from crashing?
It seems that for most players, these crashes occur when a zone change occurs or when a new environment is loading. This immediately points to the most likely culprit being poorly optimized graphics, and thus there are a few solutions that should help:
- Try disabling Ray Tracing, as this can be very taxing on your PC.
- If you overclock your graphics processing unit, try disabling it.
- Try turning down other graphics settings; the higher they are, the more taxing it will be.
- Check the integrity of Hogwarts Legacy's files. To do so:
- Go into the Steam Game Library.
- Right-click Hogwarts Legacy.
- Select Properties, then Local Game Files.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Make sure your drivers are fully updated.
- Try the always-silly but sometimes-effective strategy of restarting your PC.
- If all else fails, uninstalling and reinstalling Hogwarts Legacy may be your only option.
- The worst option is to wait for a hotfix patch, but hopefully, in the near future, Hogwarts Legacy will receive one to fix all of the issues.
It really is a shame when a game as highly anticipated as Hogwarts Legacy ends up being shipped as suboptimal, unfinished work, but the hope is that the game will receive the love it so very much needs and deserves as soon as possible.
Looking for more information on Hogwarts Legacy? Take a look at Why is my PS5 controller flashing red (or green/blue/yellow) in Hogwarts Legacy? and Hogwarts Legacy Early Access Not Working? How To Fix from Pro Game Guides!
Write A Comment
Hogwarts Legacy – how to fix game crashing on PC