There are numerous recipes to craft on your adventure in Minecraft. While you will first start by making basic tools, you will eventually need to craft more advance tools, such as a bucket. This may leave you wondering how to create a bucket in Minecraft.
Minecraft Bucket FAQ
How to craft a Bucket in Minecraft
Making a bucket in Minecraft is a relatively easy process. The hardest part will be gathering the necessary materials for crafting a bucket and the blocks needed. Here are the blocks and materials needed to craft a bucket in Minecraft.
- Crafting Table
- Four Wood
- Nine Cobblestone
- Iron Ingots
- Three Iron Ore
With all these items in hand, you will need to craft a crafting table first. You can then craft a furnace. Place the iron ore into the furnace with a fuel source to smelt it into iron ingots. You will then need to place the iron ingots in the pattern displayed in the image below at a crafting table.
Uses of a Bucket in Minecraft
The bucket has many uses in Minecraft. It is primarily used for collecting and moving liquids. It can be used for other stuff as well, making it quite versatile. Below you can find all uses of a bucket in Minecraft and some hacks outside of normal usage. Here is how to use a bucket in Minecraft.
- Transport water.
- Transport lava.
- Collect fish.
- Collect axolotl.
- Milk a cow.
- Smelting in a furnace.
- Collect snow.
- Collect tadpoles.
Related: Is Minecraft Cross-platform?
Minecraft Bucket Hacks
Outside of the common and obvious uses, there are a few bucket tips and tricks that can improve your Minecraft experience. These range from saving your life to providing simple solutions. Here are some hacks you can use a bucket for in Minecraft.
- Save yourself from falling
- Fill the bucket with water and place it at the last second before hitting the ground. This will drop water and prevent you from taking fall damage.
- Lighting up dark places
- Since lava is a natural light source in Minecraft, keeping a bucket of lava is a reusable way to light up dark places.
- Destroy items
- Throwing any item into lava will instantly destroy it. This is handy for decluttering your inventory.
- Creating elevators
- You can place water on an edge or in a chute and let it flow downward. You can then ride the water up or down, but you will need to stick your head out or you will drown.
- Create an infinite water pool
- Dig a four square hole, 2 by 2, and 1 block deep. Place a bucket of water in two of the opposite corners. You can take water from this pool as often as you wish.
How to get a bucket without crafting one in Minecraft
Normally, you must use iron ingots to craft a bucket in Minecraft. However, you can get buckets in other ways. This is handy if you are having trouble finding iron ore or simply need a bucket when you are not near a crafting table and furnace. Here is how to get a bucket without making one in Minecraft.
- Chests (Village, Dungeons, Mansions)
- Fisherman Villager (Sells Cod Bucket)
- Smelt 100 items in a furnace with a bucket of lava (Returns the bucket)
For more information on Minecraft, check out Will there ever be a Minecraft 2? Everything we know about a Minecraft Sequel and Top 10 Minecraft Farms to Build in 1.19 on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
How to make a Bucket in Minecraft