How to get a Timeworn Crimson Horn in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak

Timey wimey...stuff.

Sunbreak has come to Monster Hunter Rise and it's brought a host of monsters, old and new, with it. One of these new nasties is encountered early on and proves to be quite the challenge. For those interested in crafting the Daimyo Hermitaur's full set, you'll need a Timeworn Crimson Horn. So how does one acquire this integral piece?

MHR Sunbreak - Where to find Timeworn Crimson Horn

The elusive Timeworn Crimson Horn can be found only by capturing the Daimyo Hermitaur or by breaking its shell using a blunt weapon like the Hammer or Hunting Horn. We recommend going the route of breaking the shell as there is a 90% chance for the Timeworn Crimson Horn to drop. Otherwise, capturing it offers a paltry 10% chance.

Related: Where is the Elgado Cohoot Nest in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak?

Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

There are a couple of ways to go about cracking this shell, which is really just the skull of another creature. One is to have the Partbreaker Skill equipped via gear like The Bone Helm, Rathalos Mail, and Narwa's Pauldrons. Otherwise, equipping the Destroyer Jewel 2 will impart the same effect without needing to wear subpar gear into a Master Rank hunt.

For more Monster Hunter Rise goodies, check out How to get Eurekacorns in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak on Pro Game Guides.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get updates on your favorite games!

About the Author

Writer / Artist / @ZeroAnd09
Find Christian Dawson On: Twitter

Write A Comment

How to get a Timeworn Crimson Horn in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak

Comments are on moderation and will be approved in a timely manner. Please read the following rules before commenting:

  • All comments must be on topic and add something of substance to the post
  • No swearing or inappropriate words
  • No asking or begging for anything free
  • Do not attempt to start a poll in the comments
  • Comments in all CAPS will be removed
  • We reserve the right to remove a comment for any reason
  • Do not impersonate a staff member or influencer

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.