Of the three Hero classes, Supports had the least amount of changes in Overwatch 2. Most changes keep the game balanced and remove significant crowd-control effects. Players hoping to get back into the game from the first Overwatch will be pleased to see that their favorite characters will still feel familiar. These are all the changes made to the Support roster in Overwatch 2.
All Support Hero Changes in Overwatch 2
After Overwatch 1 shut down, many Support mains were left wondering what would become of their favorite Heroes in Overwatch 2. Apart from the general changes, many Support Heroes have had their abilities altered or tweaked in various ways. This is the list of all of them.
- Biotic Rifle clip size has been increased from 12 to 15 rounds.
- Sleep Dart cooldown has been increased from 12 to 15 seconds.
- Biotic Grenade's effect duration has been reduced from 4 to 3 seconds.
- Biotic Launcher's damage has been increased from 24 to 25, and the range at which damage falls off has increased from 20 to 25 meters.
- Biotic Launcher's healing ammo has been increased from 10 to 13 rounds.
- Regenerative Burst's healing has been increased from 75 to 100 HP.
- Inspire's duration has decreased from six to five seconds and can now trigger Shield Bash damage.
- Shield Bash cannot stun enemies and has had its cooldown reduced from seven to five seconds. The distance traveled has been increased from 7 to 12 meters and no longer stops Brigitte when used against other barriers.
- Shield Bash's damage has been increased from 1 to 50 and has had its knockback double.
- Crossfade self healing penalty has been increased from 30% to 60%.
- Sound Barrier's cost has been reduced by 12%.
- Regeneration increases the Support role's healing passive by 50%, causing Mercy to heal 22.5 HP per second.
- Angelic Descent can slow down the ascent speed of Mercy instead of just the descent speed. Players can activate this ability by holding crouch while in the air.
- Guardian Angel can be canceled by jumping, launching Mercy into the direction she is facing. The ability now has a meter determining the speed at which Mercy can be launched. Pressing crouch during Guardian Angel now launches Mercy straight up as well.
- Zenyatta's shield has been reduced by 25 points.
- Orb of Discord's return to Zenyatta when not within line of sight of the enemy has been reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
- Zenyatta's melee now has knockback and increased damage from 30 to 45.
For more Overwatch 2 guides, check out All Confirmed Heroes in Overwatch 2 – Full Roster on Pro Game Guides.