Pokémon fans have been dissecting and consuming each and every inch of the Pokémon games since they hit store shelves in the late '90s. Fans have spent hours figuring out probabilities of chance encounters and which stats are best for a Pokémon, and in some cases have found you can even increase your chances of receiving that Pokémon. Here is how to soft reset Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Soft Resetting has been used in Pokémon games for years now to get Shiny Pokémon or try certain stats. Soft Resetting is often used when encountering static Pokémon, meaning any Pokémon that will appear no matter what, such as the starters or the legendaries.
To soft reset in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl:
- Save your game before a static Pokémon encounter (Starters, Legendaries, etc.)
- Begin the encounter with that Pokémon
- Catch the Pokémon and check its stats; if the Pokémon isn't what you are hoping for, press the HOME button on your controller
- Close the software entirely by pressing the X button
- Now you can open the game back up, and it should lead you back into your save from right before the encounter.
You just have to repeat these steps as necessary until you get the exact Pokémon you are looking for. Also, if you are hunting for shinies, know that you don't have to catch the Pokémon before resetting the game. Once you see the Pokémon is not shiny, feel free to reset the game at that point.
So there you have it, that is how you soft reset Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. Remember that Pokémon's values are random so getting one that fits all of your needs will require tons of luck or time.
For more Pokémon guides, check out How to get Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos in Pokémon Shining Pearl right here on Pro Game Guides.