Few mobile games have the staying power that Pokémon GO has had. Over five years after its initial launch, the game still sees new players and an active fanbase investing time into the game. One of the most popular activities in the Pokémon community besides catching these fictional creatures is trading them. It's important to know how to do so in Pokémon GO. Thankfully the process is a simple one.
- Step One: Meet up with your friend in person
- Users must be within 100 meters of one another to trade
- Step Two: Head to the Trading Screen
- Move to the Trainer Profile
- Head to the Friends tab at the bottom of the screen
- If you haven't added a friend, either scan their QR code or enter their Friend Code
- Select the trainer you'd like to trade with
- Select the Trade button
- Step Three: Select the Pokémon for trade
- Choose from your menu of Pokémon and select the desired trade
- Note that CP, HP, and stats are adjusted during the trade
- Step Four: Accept the trade
- Confirm that both parties have enough Stardust for the trade and okay the Pokémon Trade by pressing Confirm
- All trades require Stardust and special requests require more Stardust than usual trades. This includes:
- Pokémon not in your Pokédex
- Legendary Pokémon
- Shiny Pokémon
- Pokémon with different forms you don't own (costumed Pikachu and Unown for example)
- Trading is only available to Pokémon trainers level 10 and above.
- Certain Mythical Pokémon can only be traded once.