Niantic has announced in a recent post that the first event for the Season of Discovery in Pokémon Go will feature a Kanto region classic: Slowpoke. You'll see many forms of this sloth-like Water Pokémon, including the debut of Galarian Slowpoke.
This event starts on June 8, 2021 at 10am, and ends on June 13 at 8pm. During this time, you will have access to the event's limited-time Field Research tasks, as well as all the featured changes listed below.
- Galarian Slowpoke will appear in the wild for the first time! You can evolve it into a Galarian Slowbro if you catch 30 Poison Pokémon while it is adventuring with you as your Buddy. Unfortunately, Galarian Slowking will not yet be available in Pokémon Go.
- Mega Slowbrow will also make its Pokémon Go debut in Mega Raids. Some event-exclusive Field Research will reward Slowbro Mega Energy so you can temporarily upgrade your own Slowbro.
- Several Pokémon will have increased spawn rates in the wild, including: Slowpoke, Slakoth, Gulpin, and Spoink. Slowbro and Vigoroth will also rarely appear.
- There will be a new temporary lineup for one-star raids that includes the following Pokémon: Galarian Slowpoke, Alolan Grimer, Shellder, Shinx, and Timburr.
- There will be a new temporary lineup for three-star raids that includes the following Pokémon: Snorlax, Slowking, Slaking, and Toxicroak.
- You can complete a Slowpoke Collection Challenge throughout the event to win the following items: a Slowpoke Forever Shirt avatar item, 30 Ultra Balls, and 3,000 XP. There will also be other Slowpoke-themed avatar items available in the shop!
- An event-exclusive free box will be available to collect in the shop that contains the follow: 20 PokéBalls, 10 Great Balls, and a King's Rock.
That's what we know about this upcoming event so far! Be sure to check out our Pokémon Go homepage for more great content and guides!