Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

Where to find the Crystal Staff in Remnant 2 Forgotten Kingdom

Get the Crystal Staff early on.

The Crystal Staff is a new melee weapon added to Remnant 2 with the Forgotten Kingdom DLC, and it can be found in the Ancient Canopy region. I used this weapon against powerful enemies where its charge mechanic made a massive difference. So, here's how you can get this weapon.

Recommended Videos

How to get the Crystal Staff in Remnant 2 Forgotten Kingdom

The Crystal Staff is one of the items you can find just after starting the Forgotten Kingdom DLC in Remnant 2. This melee weapon is hidden in the Infested Abyss dungeon, the entrance to which lies hidden in plain sight, close to the first checkpoint in the Ancient Canopy area. Make your way straight ahead after climbing through the staircase, and stand outside the area where you first meet Walt.

Staircase leading to Walt in Remnant 2
Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

Instead of going up the stairs to meet Walt, take the path on the right, and climb up the stone platforms. After climbing the platform, you'll be facing a waterfall, and the entrance to the Infested Abyss dungeon lies hidden beyond this.

  • Map image showing Infested Abyss location in Remnant 2
  • Waterfall hidden dungeon area in Remnant 2

It is easy to miss this secret area so check the map image above to see the precise location of this waterfall. You must jump across the waterfall and land on the path behind to access the dungeon. This is where you'll find the entrance to the Infested Abyss, and I highly recommend having party members in your team before marching in.

Path to Infested Abyss in Remnant 2
Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

Related: How to get the Disciple set in Remnant 2 Forgotten Kingdom

How to survive in the Infested Abyss in Remnant 2 Forgotten Kingdom

Root Rot in Remnant 2
Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

After entering the Infested Abyss, make your way to the interiors of the map. You will encounter plenty of dangerous enemies, so it's best to have proper weapons and consumables equipped. The internal regions of the Infested Abyss are closed by three Root Nexuses. The objective is to break through these barriers by shooting down the Root Nexus, which eventually opens the path to the following area.

Root Rot in Remnant 2
Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

Keep in mind that the area surrounding the Root Nexuses is filled with Root Rot, and your character will take constant damage while standing inside this space. You'll notice the screen turns red as you enter an area with Root Rot. The best way to counter this is to stand at the edge of the Root Rot area and shoot the Root Nexus from there. You'll also see a yellow Root-Rot bar which appears once you enter the infected area. Do not let this bar fill up as your character loses health rapidly while inside the Rot.

A mummy holding the Crystal Staff in Remnant 2
Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

After destroying the last Root Nexus, walk through the path, and jump below to reach the area where the Crystal Staff is hidden. Pick up the staff from the mummified corpse (shown in the image above) and exit the dungeon from a checkpoint.

Crystal Staff Weapon in Remnant 2

Crystal Staff in Remnant 2
Screenshot by Pro Game Guides

The Crystal Staff melee weapon deals 58 damage with a 5% critical hit chance. Additionally, it has a +95% weak spot damage. This weapon is also empowered with the Power Stone mutator which makes it exceptional against groups of enemies. Essentially, you can charge the weapon and deal Shock damage to enemies within 30m, and this effect stays active for 10 seconds.

Wondering what to do with the Kuri Kuri Egg in the Forgotten Kingdom? Check out Where to find the Kuri Kuri Egg in Remnant 2 Forgotten Kingdom on Pro Game Guides.


Pro Game Guides is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to complete character doors quest in Roblox The Classic
Roblox The Classic characters doors quest
Read Article How to solve the Energy Matrix puzzle near Court of Saventae Ruins in Wuthering Waves
Wuthering Waves Energy Matrix in the Savantae Ruins
Read Article How to solve the Cube puzzle near Court of Saventae Ruins in Wuthering Waves
Rover looking at a red platform in Wuthering Waves
Read Article How to get all badges in Roblox The Classic
Roblox The Classic event logo
Read Article All World Boss drops & locations (Map) in Wuthering Waves
Wuthering Waves Lampylumen Myriad
Related Content
Read Article How to complete character doors quest in Roblox The Classic
Roblox The Classic characters doors quest
Read Article How to solve the Energy Matrix puzzle near Court of Saventae Ruins in Wuthering Waves
Wuthering Waves Energy Matrix in the Savantae Ruins
Read Article How to solve the Cube puzzle near Court of Saventae Ruins in Wuthering Waves
Rover looking at a red platform in Wuthering Waves
Read Article How to get all badges in Roblox The Classic
Roblox The Classic event logo
Read Article All World Boss drops & locations (Map) in Wuthering Waves
Wuthering Waves Lampylumen Myriad
Author
Dipanjan Dey
Dipanjan Dey started his gaming journey with Doom 2 and Contra: Legacy of War back in 1997. Naturally, he gravitated to RPGs and FPS titles like Call of Duty, Halo, and CS:GO. Dipanjan has been coverings stories and writing about video games for the past five years. For the past year, Dipanjan has been working as a Contributing Author for Pro Game Guides, covering shooter games like Fortnite, Apex Legends, and CoD!

Write A Comment

Where to find the Crystal Staff in Remnant 2 Forgotten Kingdom

Comments are on moderation and will be approved in a timely manner. Please read the following rules before commenting:

  • All comments must be on topic and add something of substance to the post
  • No swearing or inappropriate words
  • No asking or begging for anything free
  • Do not attempt to start a poll in the comments
  • Comments in all CAPS will be removed
  • We reserve the right to remove a comment for any reason
  • Do not impersonate a staff member or influencer

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.