As we're all unfortunately aware, the Roblox platform is no stranger to errors, glitches, and outages, some of which are resolved in only a few minutes, and others that last multiple days (*cough* October 2021 *cough*), and they can affect anywhere from just a handful of players, to millions of users across the globe. At the time of this article's publication, the Pink Screen of Death, or Pink Glitch, is plaguing the platform, with a multitude of players coming forward and showcasing their versions of the issue. To learn more about this glitch, including the possible fixes, continue reading our brief guide below.
What is the Pink Screen of Death?
The Pink Screen of Death is a visual glitch that occurs on mobile devices, and causes a player's screen to be overtaken by clusters of pink pixels before freezing completely. In some cases, these pixels become so spread out that the entire screen becomes un-viewable and will begin to flash. When this happens, the affected player will likely be unable to move, jump, or participate in the experience at all, and will have to close their app completely to gain access to their screen again.
How do I fix the Pink Screen of Death?
Unfortunately, there's no one way to overcome this annoying glitch. To try combatting it, players can use the following methods:
- Close the Roblox app and re-open it again
- To force-quit Roblox, press your device's home button to return to your main screen. Then, double tap your home button to show your open applications. Locate Roblox and swipe its image away in any direction to close it. Once you've fully closed the app, re-open it again by clicking on its icon and attempt to join any experience.
- Turn your device on and off
- Complete the first half of the steps mentioned above, but instead of reopening Roblox after you've forced it closed, turn off your device using it's power button, wait a few minutes, and then turn the device back on. Wait another minute or so and attempt to open Roblox and join an experience.
- Check to see if your Roblox application needs an update
- Complete the first half of the steps mentioned above, again, but instead of reopening Roblox, or turning your device on and off, locate either the App or Google Play Store and type Roblox into the search bar. Then, select the Roblox icon to be taken to its marketplace page. If your application needs an update, begin the update and wait for it to finish. When it's completed, reopen Roblox and attempt to join any experience.
- Delete and redownload your Roblox application
- Complete the first half of the steps mentioned above, again, but instead of reopening Roblox, or turning your device on and off, or checking for updates, hold down on the Roblox app's icon and either click the X, or press Uninstall from the dropdown menu that appears. This will delete Roblox from your device, but don't worry, your profile and all of its data is still safe! Once Roblox has been deleted, open either the App or Google Play Store, search for Roblox, and click on its icon to redownload it. When it's done downloading, try opening it, logging into your account, and joining an experience.
Related: Roblox Promo Codes (April 2023) – Free items and current Roblox events!
If none of these methods are able to fix your issue, that means we just have to wait for the developers at Roblox to release a bug fix on their end, and there's nothing more we can do. It's an unfortunate glitch that's occurred randomly on Roblox since 2022, and has been patched numerous times before. Hopefully, with the influx of players facing the Pink Screen of Death, this glitch or bug will be fixed very soon. In the meantime, just know it's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong, and your account hasn't been hacked or compromised, it's just an issue on Roblox's end and you're not the only one being affected.
I've never seen the Pink Screen of Death, what does it look like?
If you've never experienced or seen the Pink Screen of Glitch and are curious what it looks like, we've included a few tweets that showcase its visual effects. Some of these tweets show a flashing screen, so be wary before viewing if you're sensitive to flashing lights or imagery!
Related: Roblox Game Codes – Tons of Codes for Many Different Games!
That's all we know about the Pink Screen of Death at the time of this article's publication. If and/or when the Roblox development team releases a statement regarding this glitch, we will update this guide accordingly. In the meantime, we'd recommend checking out some other off-platform games that could still be fun to play alone or with friends.
Looking for more information on common Roblox errors? Check out some of our guides on How to fix Roblox Error Code 524 or How to fix Roblox Error Code 268 ‘Kicked Due to Unexpected Client Behavior’ here on Pro Game Guides!
Write A Comment
How to fix the Pink Screen of Death in Roblox