This step-by-step guide will outline how to play Roblox VR games using the Oculus Quest 2. Have you recently purchased a fancy new Oculus Quest 2? Well, you might be excited to find out that Roblox has some fun VR-compatible games. Find out how to play below.
How to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2
Although the main appeal of the Oculus Quest 2 is its wireless functionality, you cannot play Roblox directly through the Oculus Quest 2 as there is no direct app made for the VR device. Bummer, we know, but you can still use the Oculus Quest 2 to play Roblox VR games. Instead of wireless, you must connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC with a Link Cable. Here's a look at everything you need to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2:
- Oculus Quest 2
- Link Cable
- Roblox Game
Follow these steps below to connect your Roblox VR games to your Oculus Quest 2.
Step One: Download Roblox to your computer.
Step Two: Enable Unknown Sources in the Oculus App.
- To enable Unknown Sources, open the Oculus App on your PC. Once opened, click Settings. Then click General. Finally, ensure Unknown Sources is enabled; the button across from Unknown Sources should be switched to blue.
Step Three: Connect the Oculus Quest 2 to PC.
- Plug the Link Cable into the Oculus Quest 2 and the PC to connect both devices.
Step Four: Launch Oculus Link.
- You should be automatically prompted to launch Oculus Link upon booting up your Oculus Quest 2 device. If not (while wearing the Oculus Quest 2), choose Settings and manually click Oculus Link.
Step Five: Launch a Roblox VR-compatible game.
- Looking for how to get Roblox games in VR? Don't expect every Roblox game to be VR-compatible. Only a limited list of Roblox VR games currently exist, and your selection is admittedly small. Why not try VR Hands, a popular Roblox VR title?
After launching a VR-compatible Roblox game, you should be all set to use your Oculus Quest 2 with the game.
How to Toggle VR Mode
In the chance that VR Mode does not automatically switch to your Oculus Quest 2 headset, you might have to manually enable VR Mode in Roblox. You can do this within the VR-compatible Roblox game that you intend to play. Below we've detailed how to toggle VR Mode on and off depending on your situation.
Toggle VR Mode On:
If VR Mode is off and you want to turn VR Mode on, follow these steps:
Step One: Launch the VR-compatible Roblox game on your PC.
Step Two: Toggle VR Mode to On in the System Menu.
- To open the System Menu, press ESC on your keyboard. Within the Settings tab, you should see VR listed, with the option to toggle the VR setting on or off.
Toggle VR Mode Off:
If VR Mode is on and you no longer wish to play on your Oculus Quest 2, turn VR Mode off by following these steps:
Step One: Tap the Menu button to bring up the VR Radial Menu.
Step Two: Choose the System Menu option.
Step Three: Toggle VR Mode to Off.