Splatoon 3 offers many ways to engage in ink-based warfare. You can choose from a variety of weapon types, but the Brella offers defensive and offensive options that few weapons do. This lets you play aggressively or provide support to your teammates. Below you can find a list of strengths and weaknesses as well as different Brella-type weapons.
Splatoon 3 Brella Strengths
The Brella is a versatile weapon that you can use offensively and defensively. The Brella will expand and create a shield from enemy ink by holding the ZR button. When used as a weapon, it acts like an ink shotgun, dealing great damage up close.
- Provides powerful close-quarter damage.
- Can create a shield for you and your teammates.
- Has a decent range.
Splatoon 3 Brella Weaknesses
The Brella's weakness is its somewhat slow fire rate and lack of mobility. When holding up your shield, you cannot attack, and a swift opponent can flank behind you. Additionally, after holding the ZR button for too long, your umbrella will fly forward, leaving you unable to use it until it recharges.
- The umbrella leaves you open to flanking.
- Cannot attack while holding the umbrella(Excluding Undercover Brella).
- You have to wait for your umbrella to respawn.
Splatoon 3 Brella Type Weapons
- Splat Brella (Level 5)
- Sprinkler: A device attaches to the ground or walls and sprays ink. It operates at full power right when you place it, but gradually gets weaker. You can only place one at a time.
- Triple Ink Strike: Throw and deploy a guidance device with R to cause a tornado-generating ink strike to land on that spot from above. You can deploy up to three guidance devices to activate three separate ink tornadoes.
- Tenta Brella (Level 16)
- Squid Beakon: A device that emits a signal that Inklings and Octolings can detect. You can Super Jump to a teammates' Squid Beakon by selecting it and pressing A. You can place up to three at a time. They're usually single use, but allies who don't have the jump beacon equipped can use them twice.
- Ink Vac: Make your ink shots more powerful by sucking up enemy attacks! Hold ZR to generate a vortex that sucks up enemy ink attacks. Once the tank is full, or after the timer runs out, let go of ZR, and you'll launch a souped-up super ink shot!
- Undercover Brella (Level 18)
- Ink Mine: A trap that you place on the ground. When an opponent gets close, it activates, marking that opponent. It'll also activate if inked by an opponent. You can place two at once.
- Reefslider: Hop onto a shark-shaped, ink-propelled float, and charge forward. When you reach the end of the path, or if you press ZR, the float will explode and deal damage.