Splatoon 3 offers many ways to engage in ink-based warfare. You can choose from various weapon types, but the Splatling is worth its weight in ink when it comes to heavy weapons. Once charged, this weapon fires massive amounts of ink in a relatively short time. Below you can find a list of strengths and weaknesses and different Splatana-type weapons.
Splatoon 3 Splatling Strengths
Few weapons can cover as much ground with ink as the Splatlings. Charging the shot fires a massive barrage of ink that covers a lot of turfs and can splat opponents quickly. It has great range and a good amount of damage, meaning any enemy caught in your blast radius is likely to go down.
- Great ranges.
- Good damage.
- Can cover a lot of ground with ink quickly.
Splatoon 3 Splatling Weaknesses
The main drawbacks of the Splatling are its lack of mobility and the fact you must charge it to fire or it fires almost no ink. This leaves you open to attack from faster weapons, meaning you will need to keep your distance. Additionally, because each shot fires a barrage of ink, you will need to constantly keep refilling your ink tank. It also suffers when an opponent gets in your face for close-quarter combat.
- Overall slow.
- Splatlings uncharged shot is worthless.
- Consumes a lot of ink.
Splatoon 3 Splatling Type Weapons
- Heavy Splatling (Level 4)
- Sprinkler: A device attaches to the ground or walls and sprays ink. It operates at full power right when you place it but gradually gets weaker. You can only place one at a time.
- Wave Breaker: Deploys a device that generates sonic waves to drive hidden opponents into the open. Waves expand along the ground, marking and dealing damage to any opponents they touch. To avoid damage, simply jump over each wave.
- Mini Splatling (Level 12)
- Burst Bomb: A bomb that explodes when it touches something. It's a small, weak explosion, but it doesn't consume much ink, so you can throw one after another.
- Ultra Stamp: Attack with an enormous hammer. Press and hold ZR to advance while striking with the hammer. If you press and release R, you'll throw the hammer far into the distance to attack and the special will end.
- Hydra Splatling (Level 20)
- Autobomb: A bomb that automatically seeks out opponents. It will search for opponents in the area that you throw it, and if it finds one, it will automatically start walking toward them. When it approaches an opponent, it stops and explodes.
- Booyah Bomb: Funnel power into an explosive ink ball and launch it at the enemy. By sending and receiving "Booyahs" from your team, you can build power more quickly. Teammates who send Booyahs will be rewarded by having their special gauge filled a little.
- Nautilus 47 (Level 28)
- Point Sensor: A device that marks opponents nearby where it's thrown. It reveals the opponents' locations to your teammates.
- Ink Storm: Throw this device to generate a rain cloud of ink. The cloud gradually moves away from where the device was thrown.
- Ballpoint Splatling (Level 30)
- Fizzy Bomb: bomb loaded with special carbonated ink. Hold R to build power, then unleash up to three explosives. Shake the controller, move the Stick, or mash buttons to build power faster!
- Inkjet: This launches you into the air by spraying out ink, allowing you to attack opponents with the attached launcher. You can fly higher temporarily by pressing R.