Splatoon 3 offers many ways to engage in ink-based warfare. You can choose from a variety of weapon types, but one of the newest and coolest weapons is the Stringer. These look like bows and fire multiple projectiles at once and even explode. Below you can find a list of strengths and weaknesses as well as different Stringer-type weapons.
Splatoon 3 Stringer Strengths
The Stringer excels at long range, as its charged shot takes time to charge fully but covers a lot of ground. Fully charged shots explode, covering the surrounding area in ink. This lets you hit fleeing opponents who may have dodged your initial shot. Additionally, the Stringer can be used for horizontal and vertical coverage depending on if you jump.
- No laser like the Charger to show your aim.
- The full-charge shot has great range.
- Provides a widespread.
Splatoon 3 Stringer Weaknesses
The main drawback of the Stringer is its charge-up leaves you open for attack. An opponent can get in your face, forcing you to rely on the inferior normal shot. The first charge is almost as worthless as not charging, meaning you need to rely on the slow second charge. It also does not deal great damage, even at full charge.
- Overall weak damage.
- Charging takes time.
- Only the full charge is worth using.
Splatoon 3 Stringer Type Weapons
- Tri-Stringer (Level 4)
- Toxic Mist: A bottle that sprays the fluid of a certain creature in mist form. Opponents caught in the mist move slower and their ink is slightly reduced. The longer an enemy is in the mist, the stronger the effect becomes.
- Killer Wail 5.1: Unleashes six speaker-shaped, laser-emitting devices to surround and devastate your enemies. Lock onto an opponent, and the emitters will track and blast them wherever they go! You can continue to use your main weapon and sub weapon while the Killer Wail 5.1 is firing.
- REEF-LUX 450 (Level 10)
- Curling Bomb: A bomb that moves in a straight line, inking the ground before it explodes. It also bounces off walls! You can adjust the length of time until detonation by holding down R.
- Tenta Missiles: Press ZR to fire missiles at any enemies within your targeting reticle. Locking on to several enemies will change the number of missiles that hit each target.